author's note

Hello! Thank you for choosing my book, My Best Friend's Brother! This is my first book here and please make sure to leave a comment if you have positive feedback

Hello! Thank you for choosing my book, My Best Friend's Brother! This is my first book here and please make sure to leave a comment if you have positive feedback. I loved coming up with these characters and their love story and I hope you love it too!

If you don't like the story, that's fine! I appreciate you for giving it a try!

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Genre and setting of this book

This story takes place during summertime at the end of the school year and at a lake house . It is a fictional romance with a secret dating plot. It was inspired by The Summer I Turned Pretty.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Character descriptions

Morgan Irvine, 16, in love with Matthew Graham. Morgan would do anything for Hailey, and Matthew too. She has had a crush on him for four years. Morgan does not have a plan for her life once she finishes high school. She thinks she is going to go to the beat of her own drum and she wants to wait and see what happens. She is a quiet person who gets louder once you get to know her.

Matthew Graham, 17, star hockey player. Matthew is always there to protect his mom and his sister. He is a kindhearted and smart person. He is a year older than Hailey and Morgan and he plans to attend Harvard starting in August.

Hailey Graham, 16, Morgan's best friend. Hailey follows Morgan in everything she does, but does not hesitate to do her own thing if she thinks she's right. She likes to live life in the moment and always plans on having a good time.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Side characters

Ms. Graham, 51, Matthew and Hailey's mother. She loves her kids and would protect them at all costs.

Riley Lee, 16, close friend with Morgan and Hailey.

The following characters are in their summer friend group and don't show up in the story until later on:

Luka Taylor, 18, Matthew's friend at the lake house. Luka has his house to himself this summer and plans to have a good time.

Leo Thomas, 17, hosts a lot of parties. Leo is best friends with Luka and they're always hanging out. Leo is a little gross sometimes, but he is overall a funny guy.

Alexis Bergman, 17, childhood friend of Matthew and Hailey. Sees them every summer. Alexis has had a rough year and is hoping this summer will be better for her and her family. She is also looking for some clarity with her feelings.

Colton McCarthy, 17, always used to be treated as the little boy of the group, until he shot up in height. Colton is Hailey's first kiss and they both get teased about it often.

Lily Anthis, 18, a sweet girl with a big heart. Lily loves everyone and everyone loves her.

Talia Coleman, 16, the youngest of them all, Talia is the most organized person of the group. She always watches over everyone making sure nothing goes wrong.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Matthew and Morgan's playlist

Softcore - The Neighbourhood

I Wanna Be Yours - Arctic Monkeys

Sweet - Cigarettes After Sex

You Get Me So High - The Neighbourhood

All Of The Girls You Loved Before - Taylor Swift

I THINK - Tyler, The Creator

Lovers Rock - TV Girl

Art Deco - Lana Del Rey

In For It - Tory Lanez, RL Grime

Dancing Queen - ABBA

Getaway Car - Taylor Swift

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Cover: made by me, but the original photo is from Pinterest

Graphics: made by me, but the original photos are from Pinterest

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Disclaimer!!

This book is a work of fiction. All characters, names, places, events, etc are a product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any relation to actual events or people, dead or alive, is coincidental.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

- Possible triggering topics in the book

- Discussion of anxiety

- Discussion of anger issues

- Teenage drinking and drug use

- Arguing

- Mild violence

- Swearing

Note : If you find anything else triggering throughout the story, please let me know so I can add it here

ੈ✩‧₊˚

That's all, thanks again and enjoy!