19. morgan

After dinner, we began to get ready for the drive in. I got blankets, pillows, and pulled out a sweatsuit I had. It was a nice light blue. I tied my hair up into a bun before doing my makeup in the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, I realized that I sunburnt a little, so I applied a bit of aloe vera gel. I wanted to do a simple look today, so I only ended up using mascara, brow gel, and concealer.

"I never knew you had freckles." I turn around to see Matthew, leaning against the doorframe.

"I do. They come out in the summer."

"They're nice."

"Thanks."

The silence drowns us as Hailey paces into and out of the bathroom. If she wasn't here I know I'd have my arms around him, like last night before the party.

"What are you stressed out about?" He asks Hailey, as she walks back into the bathroom for the twentieth time in a minute, staring at her phone.

"Does this sound needy?" She asks, showing us both a string of text messages. We lean in to get a better look.

"Colton? Really?" He rolls his eyes.

"Shut up. He's hot now."

"Is he?"

"Do you have any taste in guys?"

He looks at her and shrugs as in he was saying "fair point." She continues to pace around until she freaks out when he reads it.

"Just don't make it awkward cause we're going to be in a car with them in thirty minutes." I shout. She screams and then runs back to us.

"I think we're going to hook up at the drive in."

"Gross. There's other people in the car." Matthew gags.

"Not with you there, stupid. I'm going to be in his car. You guys go without me with Alexis."

I like Alexis. I only met her last night, but I could tell she was a good friend of Hailey and Matthew. Matthew's face went red when Hailey said that it was going to be just us, though. I tap his arm and he shivers at my touch. I know Alexis knows about our relationship, but I trust her. I don't believe she has any motive to ruin it.

When we leave, I offer to drive, but Matthew insists that he drives. When we pull out of the driveway, we wave bye to Hailey, who was going to be picked up by Colton in a few minutes. When we get onto the main road, Matthew keeps one hand on the steering wheel, and puts the other on my hand.

Every touch gives me an extra heartbeat.

We pull into Alexis's driveway and she gets into the car. Matthew sees her eyeing his hand placement and he moves them back onto the steering wheel. I make small talk and learn a bit more about Alexis. She prefers dogs over cats. She doesn't care for blueberries, but she likes strawberries. She didn't answer much about the questions I asked regarding her school, so I didn't continue.

When we get to the drive through, we pull into the ticket station. I buy the tickets, but he says he's going to buy the snacks. We find out where Luka and Leo are and we pull in next to them. We get out of the car and walk over to the snack station.