11. matthew

When I finished school, I went to the parking lot to see my sister, but noticed her car wasn't there. I thought someone must have stolen it. I'm going to kill whoever did this.

I went onto my phone and called her.

"Hello?" Hailey picks up.

"Hey, I think someone stole your car."

"What? What do you mean?"

I hear a voice I don't recognize in the background. I wonder why she's not out in the parking lot yet.

"I'm in the parking lot, and-"

She cuts me off.

"The parking lot at school? Shoot. Sorry Matt, we went to the mall."

"Oh, that's okay. I'll walk."

"No, I'll drive you. Wait there."

"No, Hailey, I'm serious, stay."

"Oh okay."

It was warm anyways. I was excited for summer. Some of it would be packing for school, but I was ready to jump in the water the second we got to the lake house. Me and my sister always jump in the lake together the second we change into our swimsuits. I wonder what the summer will look like with Morgan up for the whole summer. She usually only stays for a week.

ੈ✩‧₊

Once I got home, I went to the kitchen to make a snack. I decided to grab the half of a cinnamon bun that my sister must've not eaten.

While heating it up in the microwave, my sister came into the house. There was definitely not just Morgan and Riley with her.

"Matty boo bear!" Hailey yelled.

Her and her friends walked into the kitchen with bags in their hands.

"Good mall trip?" I ask.

"Yeah, got some clothes for tonight," she replies,"by the way, are you coming tonight?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Okay, we're leaving at like 9:30 so be ready for then."

I make eye contact with Morgan. I smirk and she turns away. They all walk up to her room and I finish eating my cinnamon bun. I turn on my phone and text my mom.

Text sent at 4:01 PM: Hey mom I'm going to the party that Hailey's going to tonight

Text from "Mom" at 4:03 PM: Okay sweetie. Make sure to be safe. I'll be home by 5. Do you know if Hailey's friends want anything specific for dinner.

I don't know. I should ask.

I walk upstairs and knock on Hailey's door.

"Come in I have it on."

I open the door and see Morgan in a white tube top and a green cargo mini skirt.

"Wow." I say.

"I didn't know it was you." Hailey says, awkwardly.

"Where's everyone else?"

"In the bathroom, doing makeup."

"Are you going to join them?"

"Yeah."

I walk behind her and touch her back. I feel her body tense. I smirk at her before going back to the door.

"Let me know what you guys want for dinner." I say, walking away.

"Pizza!" She yells.

I turn around and smile at her. I give her a wink and she blushes. I head to the bathroom to ask my sister and her other friends what kind of pizza they want. I overhear them talking