Chapter 23

I Love You

I Love You

"AS YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW" She began "I made the awful choice to cheat on an amazing man that loved me and cared for me but y'know what they all say. Every good girl chooses the bad guys"

She let go of a desperate breath and looked down toward the concrete floor, "I left with my son Lorenzo and my now ex-husband Noah"

Roman pulled over a chair because this seemed like it would take ages with the speed of her talking.

"Sit" He whispered and I took a seat while she thought of her next words.

"But I won't t-torture you with the details, Noah is the snitch that you're looking for" She took a deep breath, "I told him that I wouldn't support his actions after the two guys were found dead by the pier this morning, he said no one would get hurt. He just wanted to get revenge for you kicking us out"

She started to sob no matter how much the feeling of her tears came out of her swollen eye, "I agreed at first because he convinced me with his fancy w-words and charming looks"

"What happened to your son?"

"I left him far away from his father, s-somewhere Noah c-can't reach him"

"Do you know where he is?"

"Somewhere between Virginia and North Carolina"

"So how did you end up here? In France?" I leaned forward in my seat leaning closer to her.

"F-France? I'm in France?" She questioned looking around.

"You didn't know?" Roman spoke up nearly yelling, I could sense his frustration while he stood next to me. I grabbed his hand basking my cold one in his warmth. He still calmed a bit after feeling my touch.

"We'll be back, I'll send a medic down here. But until you can get your truth together I'm afraid you're useless to us" I grabbed Roman's hand tighter as my heart constricted inside my chest seeing how her mood deflated.

As soon as we made it out of the room I collapsed on him, I sobbed uncontrollably on his chest as he pulled me closer as if I wasn't already on top of him.

"You're okay, Snowflake" He breathed into my hair as I breathed into his chest and dug my nails into his waist.

"I'm so lost- I don't know what to do" He took my face into his hands and used his thumbs to wipe away any trace of tears from my face.

"It's okay, Neve. It's okay to be confused sometimes, hell I sometimes don't even know what I'm fucking doing sometimes" That drew a laugh out of me. I put my lips on his in the most delicate kiss in the world, afraid if I go any harsher he might break like a piece of glass. (Snow)

I wrapped my arms around him and dug my face into his neck breathing in his scent like it'd keep me alive.

"I love you" I whispered into his ear. His entire body froze, but I squeezed him tighter, hoping the moment would pass soon. He hugged my waist until it felt like if he pressed even a slight more our bodies would be stuck forever.