Chapter 5

Dipper's POV

It was Friday morning when I was woken up from my sleep by my phone ringing loudly in my soon-to-be-dead ears. I groaned too tired to check to see who is calling me but I knew I needed to check. It could be my job for all I fucking know. I peek open one of my eyes and look at the time to see it's nine am. I then look at the ID to see it's Gabriel. As much as I wanted to go back to sleep, I answered the phone laying my head back on the soft black pillows.

"Hello?" I answered tiredly slowly falling back to sleep. "Hey I'm outside your house, I didn't think you would get a house in the woods but it's a smart idea. " I listened to him ramble on and on about the house while I got up and made my way downstairs to open the door for him. "Yep. Hmm. That's cool." I replied tiredly a couple of steps away from the door. "Are you even listening to me?!"

Gabriel yells through the phone making me cringe while moving the phone away from my ears. I opened the door facing Gabriel with a tired and slightly irritated look. "Nope," I replied before walking back to my room leaving the door open for Gabriel to walk in. "I see I arrived at the wrong time," Gabriel says nervously.

I'm pretty sure he just remembered what happened to him the last time he woke me up. Let's just say he never talked to me for a little over a week due to fear. My other friends just laughed at him when he jumped in fear at the sight of me. "Yeah you did but since you didn't know I was sleeping I'll let it slide this time," I said walking into the kitchen to make myself a cup of vanilla caramel coffee.

I made myself coffee tiredly. I was about to push start on my coffee machine but saw I didn't have a cup ready to collect the hot liquid. I groaned then stood on my toes to grab myself a coffee cup. Why the hell did I put these cups up so fucking high? I felt cold air got my stomach and back but I ignored it. I need to get my cup.

Once I finally got my cup I place it in the coffee machine and push start before turning around to see Gabriel a dark shade of red. "Hey, are you ok? You're red. Do you need some medicine?" I asked worried for my friend. Gabriel took some breaths and calmed down his face was now back to its original color. "Yeah, I'm fine." He replied with a smile facing me again.

Seeing Gabriel's face back to its color I shrugs off his action earlier. "Did you eat anything yet? If not I'm about to make eggs and bacon." I asked as I took out each ingredient I needed to make breakfast. I might as well since I'm up. "N-No I haven't eaten since yesterday." I nod starting to put the ingredients together to make breakfast.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's been about three hours since Gabriel came. We are having breakfast together joking about the old times between us and our friends back in California. We went shopping at the mall and bought new things and of course, I bought pj's. It was about 7:30 pm when we came back laughing our asses off. It's been a long time since I laughed this hard.

I miss staying with the guys but I had to leave California to be away from my abusive parents that planned to kill me. I can never return to California and that's final. I and Gabriel walked into the house and set our bags down in the living room. "So how long are you staying here?" I asked not in a rude way but out of curiosity.