New White-Roomer

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka was much better than you a year ago"

Those words keep coming back in my head.

Every time I heard the professor mutter that statement, blood madly surged in my body, instantly furious at that particular name.

Everything that I achieved, every single thing that I put my very best effort into, every harsh training that I endured to be the best in my generation. All of it….. All of it….. All of it…… was insignificant when it comes to the one who was considered as the masterpiece of the White Room.

It was always him…… it is always him….. it's him….. it's him that I will definitely surpass someday.

“Enter.”

Clank

A silhouette of a girl passed through the wide opened door. She silently stepped inside the dim lighted room, each single step not creating any trace of sound, halted,then  stood firm in front of a man who's on his back, looking at the full glass window.

“You know the purpose of the mission right?”

“Yes.” a cold voice slipped through her lips, unfitting for an innocent looking girl.

“Good. Better keep in mind to remain inconspicuous as much as possible. We don't want the government to catch wind of any White Room's activities, we're already in a tight spot because of those dogs snipping in our yard.”

“Understood.”

“Take that folder with you,” she glanced at the table. “Someone will pick you up in the lobby then guide you to the hotel where you'll stay for a week. Dismissed.”

She bent over, picking up the white folder laying on the wooden table that had an encoded letter written “Confidential.”

Turning her back, the mysterious girl started walking to the doorway, then halted, when the other person called her.

“Don't disappoint me, subject 08.” He looks at her through the reflection in the massive window.

The girl neither turned nor gave a response.

Instead she holds the door knob firmly, opening it, leaving the room completely with a subtle rage.

A total silence instantly follows, wrapping the place with nothing but a low grumble from the man.

“I doubt if that girl is the right person for the job,” he said. “The inferiority complex of her is already a massive drawback.”

Picking up the box of cigarettes inside his pocket, he took one stick then put it in his lips.

Maybe it's still not too late to switch sides.’ he thought while lighting the tip of the cigarette .

He blows, a cloud of white smoke covers his face, making his expression blurry to see in the glass window.

•••

After an hour of riding, the girl was then dropped at the entrance of a hotel. The driver disembarks her luggage from the car to the porter.

The girl went to the driver before the car left.

“Thank you.” she smiled.

But the driver, who is affiliated to the secret facility, knows the history of the child.

He gulped, seeing that the smile didn't reach her eyes, a different person lurks inside of her.

“I'll be on my way.” he bowed, then hurriedly went inside to the driver seat.

Entering the ten storey building, the girl swiftly went to the front desk to ask for the key to her room.

Arriving on her floor, she nonchalantly strolled the hallway, heading towards a particular door.

The hotel porter silently followed her behind. He has been in this job for almost a decade, but this is the first time that he felt too nervous by just bringing the luggage of a girl.

Something feels wrong, his instinct is shaking, still he does his job well, not violating the profession's ethics for prying in someone's life.

She entered the key, twisted it, opening the single deluxe room. Then swiftly went inside.

The man behind follows, pushing the cart carrying the person's luggages, passing through to the opened door.

Laying all the luggages carefully on the floor, the porter bowed to the girl who was strangely on her back since entering the room, then proceeded to the exit and closed the door.

Knowing that she is the only person inside. The girl stared at the folder for a few seconds before deciding to open it.

Flipping the front cover, the image of the person that she absolutely hates crossed her line of sight, almost tearing the folder apart, good thing that she managed to control herself.

She released a heavy sigh,

“It is still not the right time yet.”

Then carefully read the encoded information about the certain boy that is only a year older than her.

Almost everything written was his outstanding achievements during his stay in the White Room. Then when she flipped to the second page, there his current information was recorded.

Assigned in Class D the most defective class in the school, Has a small group of friends, close to the class leaders of the other class, rumored to have a romantic interest in one of his classmates.'

“Hah! Ridiculous.”

She showed a disgusted look upon reading the last part. They are raised to be totally incapable of having any feelings for another person. Any form of warm relationship won't possibly occur in that place. Even if he has escaped and lives an opposite life from his past, it is still doubtful for him to change for only a year away from the facility.

“I hope that you will live up to your name, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, because if not then my visit will be nothing but a waste.”

A rare opportunity was given to her, even though the mission was to bring back the masterpiece, her inner self couldn't stop trembling from the excitement in challenging him in a different ground.

Nonetheless, she never once overestimated herself. Someone that is the sole survivor of the demonic generation is not that easy to defeat. If it comes in using underhanded tricks to beat him, then she won't hesitate in using one.

Only a week remains before the new school year of Advanced Nurturing High School gate's will open. A total of 160 freshmen will enrolled and among them were task to retrieve a certain person. 

A new predicament will happen as the consequence for not obeying the order of his old man.

------------------x