2

"Can I sit here?" Hangman hovers over the spare chair that happens to be next to Phoneix. She smiles.

"No that seats saved for Raven." All 10 necks spin the 10 heads they support to look at Phoneix when those words come out of her mouth. 

"Raven is here? Where is he? Who is he?" All of them look at each other and start speaking, giving theories as to who what when where, and why Raven might be here in the room with them. Phoneix rolls her eyes. 

"Whoever said Raven was a he?"

________________________________________________________________________________

~Raven's POV~

I feel like someone should be playing some boss bitch music right now. 

Not only do none of these men know who I am, but they just referred to me as a 'he'. Which in itself I took offense to, but now I cant wait to stomp on all of their tiny little dreams. 

My boots cluck heavily against the plain grey concrete, as I slowly but surely make my way across the hanger over to where the temporary classroom had been set up for the briefing. One by one I can see each of their heads turning over to the ever-increasing beat my boots are making, as I shove my hands in my pockets and refuse to look at any of them. Instead, I keep direct eye contact with Phoneix, and I make my way down the center of all the chairs. 

I make my way to the front, where Hangman stands in the way of the chair that as stated previously, was being saved for me. All of them stare at me in complete silence, and Hangman takes a step back, not daring to stop looking at me as I knock my hand against the wooden table in front of my chair. I take one more step forwards, putting me in front of everyone, and I spin around, only then allowing myself to look at them all. 

I immediately lock eyes with no one other than Rooster, who'd found himself a comfortable spot right in the middle of the left side. His face is covered in complete shock to see me there, but it only gets better when I open my mouth. 

"Hey everyone. I'm Raven." Everyone's mouths consecutively drop. 

God, I love it when that happens. 

But before they get the chance to say anything, the 2-star general whose running the mission steps forward, quickly forcing both me and Hangman to find a seat. He briefs us on who will be leading us in the training, introducing a man named Maverick. He walks in from the same spot I just did, and I recognize him to be the old pilot from the bar who was definitely trying to get it on with Penny. I watch everyone else as they realize who he is. Hangman's looks of horror as he remembers throwing him out of the bar last night for not being able to pay his bill. 

But Roosters is different. Rooster refuses to make eye contact, and his face instead turns hard and brittle, losing all sense of shock or entertainment he had only moments ago learning who I was. 

Whoever he was, he briefs us on the mission. And my mind is soon turned from Rooster to the absolute absurdity of a plan I just heard. 

"Out of the 12 of you, 6 of you will be picked to fly, and 1 of you will be picked to lead this mission. It's my job to train you, test you, make you discover your limits, and then break them just as quickly. Today is your chance to show me what you've got." Maverick obviously knows what he's talking about, and he seems sure of knowing what he's doing. I could see Hangman's face light up when he heard the words lead this mission, and I'd rather die than let him be in charge of me.

Guess that means I'm just going to have to take it.

_____

We all gear up and sort ourselves into positions. Me, Rooster, Phoneix, Bob, and some other guys are up first.