1- 𝑯𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚

⚠Mentions of Suicide, Violence, and Blood

⚠Mentions of Suicide, Violence, and Blood. Please be warned.⚠

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

❥︎"FOUND YOU." You looked up to your right, seeing your male best friend, Clay. He was smiling down at you with his black oval glasses over his brown eyes. "Hey," you replied with a small smile of your own as you were sitting on the floor on the school's balcony behind the doorway.

He walked past you and sat down with his legs crossed beside you. "So," he began. "Mind telling me what's going on?" He tilted his head a little as he pressed his hands together over his knee. You chuckled lightly, but your eyes were not focused on him. "Nothing," you said and rolled his eyes while giving you a playful smack on the shoulder. "Don't lie to me, Y/N," Clay huffed as he crossed his arms together over his chest, then leaned his side against yours as he lays his head on your shoulder.

"It's about your mom, isn't it?" he questioned you for clarifications, which you flinched in. He knows very much about how you tend to overwork yourself just to be the best for your mother. Yes, your mother is indeed strict, but she's loving, caring, and is a single mother at that. You and she knows what is better for you and you just felt like... wanting to be someone special just because of all of this damn pressure.

Someone that deserves to be thanked for what their worth. Someone that can achieve great heights. Someone that can never be underestimated ever again. An overachiever. A person obsessed with success. A person who keeps living up to their mother's expectations. Clay chuckled in amusement as he lightly shook his head from your shoulder.

"You're really bad at lying, Y/N," he said. You snubbed at him as you jerked your arm harshly on his side, causing him to back away from you in pain. "Ouch! What the hell was that for?!" he exclaimed with furrowed brows at you as a cute little tear popped out from his eyelids. "For annoying me," you bantered with a mocking smile on your face.

"Just you wait, Clay," you declared as you pointed your index finger at him. "Once I graduate from high school, then college. I'll be successful, standing at the very top, and soon, you'll no longer see which is my truth and lie." You stated with a confident smirk on your face as Clay stared at you surprisingly, before his face crunched into a humorous one and began to laugh.

"Let's see about that!" he competed as you both laughed at each other's company. Clay was always like this. Always at your side when you needed him the most as he needed you as well. You were his buddy, his therapist, his patient, his punching bag, his gossip partner, and his home. The both of you sat down together side by side and talked about your day while basking in the warm presence of your friendship.