2 - 𝑶𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅, 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆

Once we were young— we shared no words, and no glances

Once we were young— we shared no words, and no glances. Yet here you are, back to the where it starts, and where I end.

 Yet here you are, back to the where it starts, and where I end

︎"THANK YOU, SIR." You thanked the paramedic who happened to be on there during the whole event as he waved his hand at you for a goodbye. The crowd was decreasing. The two kind ladies who helped you now left because they all had something they need to do by tonight and tomorrow.

Although one of them offered you a ride to guide you back home, you kindly declined, assuring her that your little brother is gonna pick you up. "Y/N?" A masculine voice called out to you from behind as you turned your head over your shoulder. "You-" you paused as your mouth went agape from seeing the familiar figure behind you.

You turned around to completely face him and curved a small smile as a polite greeting. "It's been a long time, Raghnall," you smiled at him. The man with dark messy hair and obsidian eyes that's under his black cubical glasses expressed in a surprising way. Probably not expecting you to recognize him so easily. Then, he smiled, "Same here. It's been such a long time, Y/N." He showed a charming smile at you before he suggested the both of you to go and take some coffee together to catch up with things from one another. You agreed with a nod of your head.

"So..." he started as he stirred the silver spoon on his coffee while sitting adjacent to you inside a quiet cafe nearby. "How's it... going for you?" he asked hesitantly. Not sure if he had the right to ask that or if he even should ask that. Raghnall was an old acquaintance, not a friend, just an old classmate from high school. He knew something from your past. Something that will forever be buried through your existence.

He was about to change the conversation when you remained silent, but then you suddenly spoke. "I'm fine. University has been stressful, but it's bearable, nothing to fret over," you smiled with your eyes closed. Calm and collective. Just the same Y/N he once knew in high school as he sighed lightly in relief. "What about you?" Now it was your turn to ask right after you took a sip from your hot coffee.