New girl | chapter 1

Reminder: This book is placed in season 2. Tabitha is the same age as Steve :-)

Cast

Joe Keery (Steve Harrington)

"Are you sure it's not just a giant lizard?"

Anne Hathaway (Tabitha Gatewash)

"Yeah, how do you know it's not just a lizard?"

Gaten Matarazzo (Dustin Henderson)

"Because it's mouth opened up and ate my cat

"Because it's mouth opened up and ate my cat."

The power trio.

This is some of the main characters and this story obviously includes the rest of the stranger things cast.

Enjoy <3

(Tabitha's POV)

Rain tickled down my window as if in some race. I stared at one in specific. It was far away from the others.

Lonely.

But still won resulting in a smile to make its way on my face. You might think that I'm going to say I feel like that rain drop and how depressed I am but I'm kind of the opposite.

I just moved to Indiana. Have no friends, but yet still happy for a new start. I guess I choose to be not seen because thats just who I am.

But maybe that could change.

While keeping my eyes on the window, my belly laying on my bed, there was a face was running down the street. In the rain. What some mentally ill person would do that?

I looked closer to see a boy to be my age (18). He was walking out of a driveway across the street, sulking. He seemed quite attractive from where I was. He has lots of hair, a nice collared shirt that was soaked and even from up here I could see his abs.

My thoughts jumped back once he noticed me. Shit. I grabbed the nearest book and opened it up. It was upside down but surely he didn't notice.

I didn't even want to check what he was doing and thanked gods for the doorbell ringing.

"Tabitha sweetie could you please get the door?" My mum called from the bedroom next to me.

Right my mum.

Her and my step dad is up eachother' s  asses all the time. I don't even want to know what they were doing in that room now.

My stepdad is most things. Mean, selfish, unloving, but rich. That's the only reason I'm happy for him to stay.

with all my thoughts I had already reached down stairs and opened the golden handle. A lady stood smiling with her pearly white teeth. She had pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow that complimented her eyes.

She also had a boy next to her. He was pale with freckles and a pile of hair sitting on his head. He was tall but not taller then what I assumed was his mum. He seemed to be a little younger than me.

"Hey darling. I heard you moved in across the street. We live in the house where it says the wheelers on the mailbox. I am Mrs Wheeler and this is mike, my son." Mike then waved an awkward hello and I did so back.

"I baked cookies for you and your family as well. I hope you enjoy." She smiled while I said my thank yous. " Hello, I'm Tabitha Gatewash. Nice to meet you two." I smiled sweetly. Well to my limit.

What is up with these people walking normally in the rain. Lucky for them they actually had rain coats.

I shut the door (well tried) before mikes foot stopped it. "Hey, you should come hang out with me and my friends some time. Is tomorrow alright with you?" He asked.

"Yeah that sounds great. We'll talk further more then." I spoke, looking passed him to see no sulking boy in sight. I said thank you once more and shut the door in their faces. I ate a cookie or two before realising it tasted like shit. Great. (Don't come at me in the comments okay. It takes time to actually sink into the flavour of things 😭.) I ran up to my room, listening to music. Listening to music was like my therapy. My home. And so that's exactly what I did. Unpacked and listened to my favourite song. 'Super freak by Rick James.'

A/n: sorry for the short chapter!! Others will be longer 🥳