My risk taker, Steve Harrington | Chapter 6

(Steve's POV)

Dustin was ranting about his feelings even though she probably heard him from the top. He was talking badly about Lucas and how he was 'stealing her.'

Being too distracted with Dustin's rants, I noticed Tabitha was no longer where I had my eye on her at the front of the bus.

She was gone.

"Hey Dustin, have you seen Tabitha?" I asked with my eyes still on the spot her presence had been moments before. "Uh no?" Dustin asked in confusion.

"Shit." I muttered exiting the bus. "Steve stop!" Just as Dustin said that there was a growl in the distance. Now my heart was beating fast. Was Tabitha hurt? Did the demogorgan get her?

I sprinted from the bus, everyone on high alert.

"Tab! Tabitha!" I yell. Nothing. Fuck.

I run to the tires. Seeing a shadow out in the distance. It looked like Tabitha. But then reality hits, and there was a demogorgan chasing her.

She starts screaming while running as fast as her feet could pick her up. "Help!" She yelled on the verge of tears. The demogorgan stopped in its tracks when seeing the meat pile I had left earlier.

Tabitha rushed to the bus while gripping on my shirt. "Come on Steve! Get inside!" She pleaded, pulling my shirt even more. In any other moment I would have listened but definitely not in a situation like this. My mind was trained to only keep Tabitha safe.

And I don't know why. Something inside of me wants to keep her safe.

"You go. I'll fight." I answer shrugging off her hand. "Wait Steve no!" She yelled, before getting dragged in by Dustin.

I grabbed my handy bat and gripped it. The demogorgan came charging towards me and.... I died.

(Nah I'm just kidding with you guys hehe)

And I hit it in the mouth, running to the bus. I was trying to push the slime bomb aside but it didn't budge..

Dustin opened the door and shoved me in. The door shut safely and the demogorgan was now outside. Someone came clashing into me and it didn't take me long to realise it was Tabitha.

"Oh my god. I thought you were dead!" She exclaimed. I looked at her face and she was on the edge of tears. I hugged her back. "No. I thought I lost you! What were you doing in the woods anyways?" I asked turning to face her.

Our faces were centimetres apart and I just wanted to crash my lips into hers.

(Y/n's POV)

"Stop being all lovey doves and actually focus!" Dustin screams. We both pull apart and I rush to the window. "I can't see it." I note and Dustin comes rushing to the window as well.

"Lucas!" He yells. "Yeah?" Lucas calls back.

"You see anything?"

After a few long moments of just fog Lucas replies. "Nope."

Suspense strikes in when I do in fact see a figure in the fog. "I got eyes! 10 o'clock! 10 o'clock!" Lucas screams. No shit Sherlock the monster is charging towards us.

"You sure it's not a dog?" Max asks Lucas yet again. "What?" Lucas exclaims.

The monster was now chewing, licking something.

"Why is he not eating the bait?"  Steve asks Dustin beside him. "I'm not sure." Dustin says frazzled. "Maybe he's just sick of cow." Steve replies slowly, grabbing his bat yet again.

You got to tell me he's not fighting them off again.

Before he got the chance to announce he was going to go fight them off I grab a big piece of hard metal and walk towards the door.

"Wait what are you doing Tabitha?" Dustin asks also standing up in a hurry. I shrugged.

"I'm going to go fight. You stay here." looking towards the ground patch I want him to sit on.

"Yes m'am." He responded before plopping back down on his butt. "You can't do that!" Steve protested. "Your going to get yourself hurt." He says holding my shoulders.

"It's fine I have nothing to lose." I say gripping the metal so hard that my knuckles turned white.

I looked down at the fire starter in Steve's hand. "Be ready." I gesture to it. He flicked it before speaking. "No." He passed it to Dustin. "I'm coming with." He perks. He holds my hand as we exit the door.

He pushed me behind him as we slowly approach outside. He starts to whistle for the demogorgan. I grip the metal tighter if I could even.

"Come on buddy. Dinner time." Steve drawls. I slap him lightly. "What a way to die Steve. Get eaten because it's their dinner time." I joke but It was obviously not the right time and even in situations like this, Steve still laughed.

"Come out you little pussy. Come out where ever you are." I say slamming the metal on the ground. That's when out of the fog, a slimy, drooling thing comes out. He had a yellow strip on its tail and sharp ass teeth.

I place the metal on the ground for a better swing when Lucas distracts me. "Tabitha! Steve! Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" His screams echo. "Ah shit!" I scream. One had chased behind Steve and was about to pounce on him before I knocked it outside with my metal.

"Tab-"

"Abort!" Dustin pleads. "Abort!"

"You handle the ones in front..." I trail off before getting into position. "I'll deal with these fellas." I smirk. Steve clicked his tongue.

"Now that was extremely hot." He states before whacking the demogorgan in the face. With my metal I cut into one of its mouths while kicking the other behind me just for Steve to squish with his bat.

"Tabitha abort!" Dustin screams. I turn to Steve and nod my head to the door of the bus. We start running, them chasing after us.

I felt déjà Vu in this moment but this time I was last to escape.