Steve 'the hair' Harrington | chapter 4

(Lucas's POV)

I pass my bedroom to see Erica playing with my dolls. "Hey what are you doing?" I ask, snatching my doll out of her greasy hands. "Uh your annoying friend Dustin keeps repeating 'code red! Code red!" She replies. Oh shit.

I grab the walkie talkie and state that I am here.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is." He says back into the talkie. Damn. "Sorry my sister turned it off." I explain. Hopefully he understands, siblings or not.

"Well while you were having sister issues I have had even bigger ones here." He starts. I edge for him to continue. "Dart escaped and I'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgan." He explains his theories in one puff.

"Wait what?!" I ask, confusion clouding every part of my face. "Just meet me, Tabitha and Steve at the junkyard." He says. "Over." He finishes.

Steve?!

That's a first.

(Steve's POV)

All three of us. (Tabitha, Steve and Dustin) were now all carrying buckets of meat and leaving a trail for this...thing to eat. We were walking towards the junkyard where Dustin told Lucas to meet us at.

"So your telling me you kept something you knew that was dangerous and could possibly kill someone?" Tabitha asked. Her pretty, chocolate eyes met mine with concern.

Gosh is she pretty? Yes.

"And you kept this for a girl you just met?" I added. Whoever this girl is has already got Dustin's heart.

"Says you!" Dustin accuses and I just put my arms up in surrender. Tabitha was clueless. "Ew. Why would some girl like some nasty slime anyways?" I ask in disgust. "Because it's awesome." He responds.

Tabitha just laughed, quietly listening in.

"I just feel like your trying way too hard." I say in a sigh. "Well not everyone can have your perfect hair alright." Dustin says in a frown. Tabitha chuckles, but hides in her own.

"It's not about the hair dusty is about personality." Tabitha says while dropping meat. Dustin smiled at the nickname and wise words given by Tabitha. I felt like we were parenting.

"The key is to act like you don't care." I shrug with a disapproving look from Tabitha. "No. That's not the ke-"

"Really?" Dustin asked intrigued. I just smirked at Tabitha before continuing. "Yeah dude it drives them girls nuts." And I have been going with this tactic for years so she shouldn't be speaking.

" and then?" Dustin asks.

"You just wait until you feel it" I say. Trying to explain the feeling is difficult.

"Feel it-?" I interrupted him so his mind doesn't go elsewhere. "What no. The feeling that she likes you. That you've got her wrapped around your finger." I explain with movements of my fingers.

"What do you think about this Tabitha?" Dustin asks. "I think that my meat has now run out and whatever his saying is bullshit." She says while shrugging.

"It's not bullshit. Your bullshit." I say back. I shouldn't of said that. I said it in a joking matter but she may take it seriously. "Come on I literally had to meet strangers the next day to lay out meat on a trail. Not only are you bullshit but retarted." She says jokingly, stopping in her tracks. Literally.

"I feel quite offended." Dustin says putting a hand on his heart. "Oh, I would let you run me over again Dustin and then do this. But for him." She looked towards me, eyebrows raised.

"It's a different story." She says. Her look, looked powerful.

Dustin looked proud and I pushed him a bit. We all got into a fit of laughter after silence. "Hey you know what. Even though we are all kind of strangers. Like I didn't even talk to Steve before this, I feel like we make a good group." He says after the laughing fit died down.

"Yeah I guess we do, even though we fight a lot." Tabitha said with a smile. I nodded in agreement. "We should be called. The power trio." Dustin spread his hands out like the words would pop out into the air.

"Yeah I like that." I agreed also noticing Tabitha do the same.

Walking up a bit more of the tracks Dustin randomly airily chuckled. "Steve the hair Harrington." This just caused Tabitha to fold over belly laugh while high fiving Dustin.

This will be a long trip. But I'm kind of thankful for that.