Problems with everything. | chapter 7

(Tabitha's POV)

"Your for sure it was dart?" Lucas asked. After telling him everything we know he had questions left, right and centre.

It was now night. Not the type of night where it was completely pitch black but still dark. We were walking home now with flashlights after today's big day.

"Yes I'm sure it was dart. He has the same yellow stripe on its back." Dustin sighs like he's gone over this many times (which he has). "Then why is he so big?" Lucas asked a question yet again.

"He's malted 3 times." Dustin states.

"Malted?" I ask. I really need to get back into school. "Yes. Malted. Shed?" He says, trying to find a definition. "Yeah well he's going to start eating much more bigger things than cats." Steve muttered but that was a big regret.

"Cat?! Dustin he ate your cat and you still kept him?" Lucas stopped in his tracks in disbelief. (Literally again.)

"Wait? What? Nahhh, of course not." Dustin lies. Gosh was he terrible at that. "What do you mean? He ate Mews." Steve says clueless. I nudge him a bit and give him the look to tell him to shut up.

"Who's mews?" Max asks also clueless. "Dustin's cat." Lucas says disappointed. "Look he needed a home and...he missed me." Dustin says, not daring to meet Lucas's eyes.

"Bullshit!" Lucas yells.

"I didn't know he was a baby demogorgan!" Dustin screamed back. Lucas looked beyond himself. "Come on guys, who cares?" Max reasons, and honestly I wanted to leave too.

"I care!" Lucas admits. He steps closer to Dustin. "You put the party in jeopardy. You broke the rules." Lucas said betrayed.

"So did you!" Dustin's eyes widen. "You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin shone the light in Max's face. "A stranger?" Max asked, angrily. "Yeah and guess who did as well?" Lucas shone the light in my face.

"Get that light out of my eyes before I poke them out and serve it to you for dinner, you little shit." I threaten, him following my request and putting the light down.

"Tabitha.. she's- different." Dustin says looking down. I couldn't believe this. Was Dustin defending me or calling me an alien from space? I just stood out of this argument.

He technically didn't tell me, he showed me.

While the argument continued, a noise switched my attention. Steve must have heard it to because now he was heading slowly towards it. "Hey guys?" He yells quietly and then again louder.

The arguing kids turned to look at him also growing fund of the sound. "What's that noise?" I ask on Steve's side. He looks down at me. "The demogorgans."

We all then head towards the sound, Steve and myself locking hands so we don't split apart.

We were in front of the party but I could faintly hear max speaking. "Are those two together?" Max asked the two mad boys. "No. They just met eachother yesterday." Dustin answers, falling behind.

"Hmm." She thinks now catching up to us.

We started slowing down to a walking pace, Steve not daring to let go of my hand. We made it to a hill where we could see the towns view. I would have enjoyed this moment more if Lucas hadn't mentioned that the demogorgans went back 'home' (aka: the lab).

Then there was another noise. Like a rustling in the bushes. I clung onto Steve and he only gripped my hand tighter. Being In front of the kids, Steve and I slowly approached the movement.

When showing ourselves behind the bush we found two people on the other side.

"Steve?!" Both asked in a union. "Jonathan? Nancy?" Steve asked. Who were these people?

"What are you doing here?" What I assumed Nancy asked Steve. Her eyes then shifted to me. "Hi I'm Nancy and you are?" She asked. She looked nice and was extremely pretty.

"I'm Tabitha I just moved to Hawkins." I introduce shortly. She smiled at me as well as the boy beside her.

"Well we're looking for mike and will." Nancy explains, confusion clouding her eyes. The noises grew louder and louder.

I let go of Steve's hand when noticing Nancy's eyes on it. She looked bothered. If they were somehow dating I didn't want to be in the middle of it. Steve looked a bit hurt but got out of that stage when the noises continued.

"All of us rushed to the sounds to what seemed like a lab. The boy I think was named Jonathan tried opening the gate but it was as though the button was broken.

"Move out of the way Jonathan!" Dustin pushed Jonathan to the back of the cubical and also tried pushing the button. "Son of a bitch." Dustin cursed under his breath when it didn't work.

"Dustin that was kind of mean." I say and push Dustin out of the way. I then pressed the button and the gate opened.

I looked at the two boys and smiled in pride.

Everyone cheered as they entered the gates.

We all waited inside and I didn't know why. Steve was playing with his flashlight looking upset while the rest talked among them selves.

The sound of horns and car tires squealing met my ears and arms grabbed me and pushed me aside. I looked up to see Steve and he dropped his arms and climbed onto the car before I could even say thank you.

"Get in." He says Cooly to us all. "Hopper!" Dustin exclaims excitingly. Not everyone could sit on the ground so I offered to sit in the boot. Dustin was also in there.

"Hey." I start when looking at Dustin's sad face. "Why all frowns?" I ask. He looks at me sadly. "Nothing it's stupid." He says looking out the window. "It's alright. It's only me Dusty. If you don't feel like sharing it's fine." I say also looking at the cloudy sky.

It was grey like dustin and Steve's eyes and I don't know why they were both sad.

The car arrived to its destination at a woman's house. She was standing at the front and hugged Jonathan.