Disclosure

hello! I'm supposed to start my finals tomorrow but I also probably have covid!! I'm supposed to graduate next Wednesday so idk what to do about it lol

anyways it's pride month so covid is homophobic

TW/CW: talk of eating disorders/anorexia, mention of throwing up, mention of passing out

Previously...

"George?" Dream questioned, tilting his head with a concerned frown. The brunette opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by a heave of vomit forcing itself up his throat and down onto the floor. Dream screamed, partially from shock, partially from fear. George coughed up a bit more liquid before falling forward into Dream's arms. He hadn't quite fainted, but his body was so exhausted it was struggling to keep him upright.

George closed his eyes, panting heavily as tears flowed freely from his eyes. He was in so much pain... and now he had gone and made a mess all over the floor.

George let his body fully slump against Dream, allowing the darkness to take him. The last thing he heard was pounding footsteps coming toward him as he fell unconscious.

3rd Person P.O.V.

George groaned, forehead creasing as he worked up the courage to open his eyes. His stomach hurt, and his throat felt raw and scratchy.

"George?" A voice called. George frowned, forcing his eyes open. Dream was standing over him, hands hovering over George's arm and shoulder.

"Wha-" George cut himself off with a cough. His throat was drier than he had originally thought. Dream's eyes widened, quickly reaching for a glass of water and offering it to the brunette. George accepted it thankfully, shaky hands tipping some of the water into his mouth.

"Better?" Dream questioned, eyebrows furrowed with concern. George nodded, swallowing.

"Yeah. Thanks," he mumbled, looking around before setting the water in his lap, keeping his hands wrapped around the glass. He wasn't in a hospital, which was good. He was still in his home.

"So..." Dream trailed off, glancing away for a moment. "Can we talk about it?" George frowned, eyes narrowing.

"What?"

"Do you remember what happened?" The blond questioned. George tilted his head, watching Dream cautiously.

"Not... really?" He decided, brows furrowed.

"Oh." Dream pressed his lips into a thin line, puffing his cheeks out before sighing. "Well, I'll shorten it a bit... basically dinner went wrong, you locked yourself in your room, and when I went to talk to you about it you stumbled out the door, threw up, and passed out in my arms." Dream shuddered, scrunching up his shoulders for a moment. George's expression turned to one of horror, jaw going slack as he realized how bad that must've looked. Dream met George's eyes, seeing the terror and embarrassment swirling around his pupils.

"George... I know about the anorexia." George's whole world slowed to a stop. Dream continued talking in the background, but George wasn't listening; he couldn't hear him. His brain was spinning, yelling and screaming and insulting to no end. He felt like he was drowning in his own mind, comments and numbers piling up until his head threatened to burst.

"...rge. George!" Dream had his hands on the brunette's shoulders, shaking him roughly. "Hey!" George met his gaze, frightened, almost teary brown eyes staring into worried green ones. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, I'm here for you," Dream shushed, doing his best to comfort George.

"No," George shook his head, letting out short, huffy breaths. "I'm not- I don't have an eating disorder!"

"George-"

"No! I don't! Yeah, maybe I'm not always hungry, but that doesn't mean I'm-"

"George! You have a problem, and that's okay-"

"I don't!" George insisted. "I don't have a problem! Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this?" Dream's expression softened.

"Because we care about you. I just want you to be happy and healthy."

"I am healthy," George huffed, crossing his arms stubbornly.

"You were in the hospital. And you fainted last night after throwing up," Dream pointed out. "That doesn't sound healthy to me."

"I'm just sick. Maybe I have... the flu. Or something." George shrugged, puffing up his cheeks a bit.

"George... you're sick, yeah. But it's not the flu," Dream reasoned. "You have an eating disorder. And that's okay! I just want to help, and I can't do that if you can't admit you have a problem." George was silent for a moment, shooting Dream a glare.

"No."

"Why not?" Dream wondered. "You know I won't judge you. Wilbur wouldn't either, but you don't have to tell him if you don't want to. But please... you're my best friend, George. I just want to help." George sighed, pressing his lips into a thin line stubbornly.

"No."

"But why, though?" Dream challenged. "I already know you have anorexia. It's diagnosed. So why can't you admit it?" George wrinkled his nose, shaking his head. "Please, George. You know I'd never judge you. I love and care about you way too much for that."

"I..." George hesitated. "Dream, I..." He shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut. "I can't do it."

"But you know you have a problem, right?" Dream questioned. George nodded, eyes still closed. "Okay. Thank you for admitting that." Dream pulled George into a hug, feeling the brunette's fingers dig into his back and shoulders desperately. Small sniffles could be heard from where George had buried his face into Dream's shirt, a small wet patch forming from his tears. Dream shushed him gently, rubbing George's back comfortingly.

"It's okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay," he murmured repetitively. Their position was awkward; Dream leaning over the bed to hug and comfort George. Still, neither of them minded. They both needed this moment.

George was the first to pull away. He rubbed at his eyes, trying to erase the tears. He sniffled quietly, finally looking up at Dream.

"Sorry. Um..." He shook his head. "Sorry."

"You don't need to apologize," Dream murmured. "Just... let us help you. Let me help you." George took a shaky breath, nodding.

"Yeah," he whispered. "Okay."