Chapter 17 - Severance of Relationship (3)

Cao Simei was very surprised when she saw Li Hehua, "Da meizi, why are you here at this hour?"

Li Hehua smiled embarrassedly and directly explained her intention, "Da jie, do you know anyone in the village that wants to rent their place? I want to rent a place to live in."

Cao Simei was surprised and looked at the burden behind Li Hehua, "Da meizi, you are..."

Li Hehua didn't want to hide it and told her the truth, "Da jie, I was divorced by my husband and my maiden's family doesn't want to recognize me. I have nowhere to go so I want to rent a house in the village to live in for a while until I have money."

Cao Simei was so shocked by Li Hehua's words. She didn't know what to say for a while. Apparently, she's having a hard time to digest the information.

Li Hehua didn't know how to explain it so she simply took Cao Simei's hand and said, "Da jie, it's hard to explain it. The most important thing right now however is to find a place for me to live in. Da jie, please help me ask if there are any vacant houses in the village that I can rent. Please da jie."

Cao Simei was pulled back to her senses and felt that the most urgent task now was to help her (LH) find a place to live. However, after a round in her mind, she couldn't think of any vacant houses in the village. There were many families in the villages and the houses are just enough for everyone to live in. Where will there be any vacant ones? Cao Simei was embarrassed, "Da meizi, there are no vacant houses in our village. Families basically don't live in a wide range. Some brothers and sisters even live in the same room."

Hearing Cao Simei's words, Li Hehua was a little disappointed but she could also understand it. She sighed, "Big sister, I understand. Thank you, I'll go elsewhere to figure things out. I won't disturb you anymore." After saying that, she turned to leave.

Cao Simei took Li Hehua's hand and said, "Da meizi, where are you going so late? You can stay at my house for a night and then think of a way tomorrow."

Li Hehua waved her hand and refused, "No need Da jie, this is too much trouble for you. If it really doesn't work, I'll go to the town inn and stay for one night."

Cao Simei took Li Hehua's hand and didn't let her go, "No trouble, no trouble. How can you go to town so late at night? Just stay at my house for one night, you can sleep with my daughter. Besides, don't you have to go to Wang Laotou's house to prepare the banquet the day after tomorrow? It's just right to live in my house so you don't have to run back and forth. Let's think of a way after the banquet."

Hearing this, Li Hehua was a little surprised . She hesitated and thought for a moment and then finally nodded in agreement, thinking that if there was a chance, she would definitely repay the Cao family.

Cao Simei took Li Hehua into the house and briefly explained things to the family, but she didn't say anything about being divorced. She only said that it was for the convenience of coming and preparing the banquet at the Wang Laotou's house. Her family was very enthusiastic when they heard it and treated Li Hehua very warmly. They are also very polite, which made Li Hehua even more grateful to Cao Simei in her heart.

Cao Simei arranged for her eldest daughter to take her to the room to settle down and then took her to have dinner together. This was the first time that Li Hehua came to this world and have dinner with everyone around a table. She she was a little moved. She secretly laughed to herself that she really had been miserable.

After dinner, Cao Simei first boiled some water to wash for Li Hehua and let her go into the room first and rest.

Although the bed is not big and she still needs to sleep together with Cao Simei's eldest daughter, it is already very good for Li Hehua and enough to make her grateful. This is because this family keeps her from sleeping on the street. She must repay their kindness in the future.

Today, she very tired. Li Hehua fell asleep not long after lying on the bed. When whe woke up the next day, it was already bright. People from Cao Simei's family had already woken up and left her breakfast in the pot.

Li Hehua didn't know how she could thank the Cao family, so she planned to cook lunch for the family at noon, which was a small reward from her. When Cao Simei heard this, she was so happy that she immediately let her youngest son to buy some meat back and let her eldest son go to the river to catch a fish. She said that they will be having a good meal at noon and that such a good chef could not be wasted. Li Hehua didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

While Li Hehua was preparing lunch in Lianhua Village, the Li family who were far away in Lijiazhuang welcomed an uninvited guest. On this day, they regretted the bullying of the Zhang family.