Chapter Two

Isabella's Pov
It was a decent day I would say. I wasn't too awkward at first finding a place to sit and eating ice cream was nice for a while. I think I was even more startled by the fact that when Steve's shift was over he had came down and sat with me. The Steve I was talking to was quite different than what I remembered from school.  Very popular from what I recalled, but now? he seemed slightly awkward, almost zoned and out of it. Occasionally playing and messing with the long strands of his hair.

He didn't make me feel totally awkward, he just liked to crack jokes and make you smile. By the time had gotten done with my frozen treat, allowing my guard to be let down for just that moment to sink into relaxation.  I had decided it was time to head home.

Although Steve's bubbly energy stayed with me the entire way home, as well into the late night. I actually enjoyed someone's emotions for once they were all over the place. He seemed very hyperactive and kind and to me that's all that mattered.

I briefly glanced out the window, the moon was blazing down across the night sky in a small white hue. It was peaceful in that moment shutting my eyes for a moment, the little whisper faded from the back of my mind and was replaced with silence while I fell into my endless sleep for the night.

Steve's Pov
It had been a couple days since my odd but interesting encounter. I didn't wanna be too hasty but all my meetings with Eleven with Max tagging along, I knew it wasn't a coincidence that Bella had the ink print number 015 on her soft looking skin.

She did try really hard to hide it or avoided her eye sight glancing at it, but nervous habits always shine through she was fidgeting way too much with the sleeve to her cardigan exposing it a few times without even meaning to.

I first noticed it at the counter top when she was paying, before finally getting the not so courage to sit across from her after my shift. I should have remembered Bella, but she was so timid when speaking she was always looking down a soft giggle would leave her from time to time. She might as well never made a peep in class and I never noticed her there.

Her roundness was beyond adorable, the soft glow of her brown cheeks I didn't even want her to leave the day we met it was like her aura was yanking everything around her.

"So hey Dustin speaking metaphorically, what's the probability of meeting another person like Eleven?" I kept my fist pressed under my chin firmly glancing to the left of me where Dustin was sipping from his drink roughly looking at me oddly.

"Uh depends I guess? Are they Eleven's age? How would you know from just looking at them. So many questions man!" The grin lazily made its appearance over my lips, before I spoke dropping my fist from my chin speaking casually after a while.

"Cause I saw her Hawkins lab tattoo she was trying to hide it. I would say strongly no, she isn't Eleven's age. She's around mine. Eighteen, but I just don't wanna assume but I doubt anyone is just getting numbers tattooed." I grew more nervous at the thought exhaling for a moment before I focused on Dustin again who had started laughing.

"I don't doubt you Steve. Perhaps we can visit her or something? You know her name?" I gave him a deep head nod his way, laying my chin to stay in place over my arms.

"Her name is Isabella she goes by Bella. She came in here a few days ago. Ordered some ice cream. She's kinda extremely timid like to the point it took me cracking the dumbest jokes for me to hear her giggle. Other then that. I don't even know where she lives. I know we went to school together." Allowing my shoulders to sink and roll back a few times.

  "Are you an idiot! Just look up her name in the address book I doubt there's that many Isabella's living in this shit town. Once you find her address tell me, so I can tell Mike and we can bring Eleven." It felt almost invasion at first thought, just showing up to someone's house, demanding to see them.

There's a small chance Bella had powers and it sparked my fancy to wonder could she move things with her mind as well? How bad were those experiments really? It all was a bunch of what ifs and how comes tied together.

"Alright I'll do it tonight and let you know when I have something."