Chapter Five

Isabella's Pov
I sometimes hated how correct Steve was at times. Emotional connection did take a toll on my mental state. When I wasn't spending time with the angsty teens, I was fast asleep in bed catching up on the sleep I didn't get from being around everyone. Just by being in the room with El for a little you would end up sobbing by the end of the night.

I never told her how strong her emotions were because she had been through a lot at a young age. Nothing I couldn't handle. It was another endless night of getting strange vibes from the mall, I just couldn't pin point what it was exactly. I stared across at the brightly lit lamp, it had to have been midnight.

I heard a couple taps across my window in confusion I stood up, fixing the way my sleep pants moved in place, I was a little hesitant shoving the window open in one motion. A soft yelp like exclaim of shock left me reaching my hands out to steady the figure just climbing on the tree branches of the large tree in front of my room.

"Steve? What the hell these branches aren't steady are you crazy." I whispered gripping at his arms tightly, a side smile making its way across my lips seeing him sending me his own smile.

"I saw the light on, I just got off a late shift you haven't been sleeping again have you?" I stared deep into his eyes, sending a soft head nod no his way. I made a little room for him, watching him crawl across before he jumped into the window with a grunt. I reached behind him to shut the window, turning around to face him.

"Its nothing a few naps can fix." I joked, watching the way he ruffled roughly at his hair a couple times in place, he said nothing at first just simply holding out his hand for me. I gave him a slightly odd stare watching him slip his shoes off near the side of my bed climbing in onto my bed.

"Here come, I'll lay here with you till you fall asleep. I don't like the thought of you staying up all night come on, I smell like your favorite scent of ice cream and milk." I tried my best not to burst out into laughter shaking with it, carefully placing my hand into his. I climbed into the left side leaving him on the right, settling down into the warmth of my bed, he reached over to shut the lamp off.

A heavy set grunt leaving from his lips. I thought it would be awkward, the only sounds coming from outside, and the occasional loud thump. I found sleep was about to hit me once Steve wrapped his arms over my entire back, allowing for me to rest my head on his chest.

"Why are you always so warm Steve." I muttered in amusement shaking with light giggles at the sound of his own husky set laughter. His palms rubbing up and down all across my back in place.

"I'm not sure myself Bella, you always seem so cold to the touch. So I'll always try to warm you up. You know there's a party being held next week. Robin was thinking about going, wanna come with me?" A hard sounding groan left me, I hadn't been to a party since graduating. I suppose it wouldn't truly hurt to get out more and be a citizen of the town.

"Sure I'll come, a bunch of people in one room one touch against me, so many emotions." I teased him, his chest shook a few times with his laughter before he was tilting my head up to stare at him through the moonlit darkness, a kind smile was set across his lips, rubbing his fingers a couple times under my chin.

"Then don't focus on the drunk people around you Bella, you said you like my emotions yeah? I'm not saying you have to stay by my side like I'm babysitting you but if you get overwhelmed come find me, just grab me and we can go sit outside you can hold myself and just relax." I found myself giggling in a sleepy manner, exhaling at the thought staring into his eyes some more.

"I never took you as the sweet type Harrington." He rolled his eyes playfully a few times, before lightly poking at my nose a few times in place.

"Yeah yeah, get some rest now." He chuckled using his hand to press my head right back into his chest. He kept his hand in place on the back set of my curls lightly playing with them in place. The steady sound of his heartbeat was enough to slip into the deepest sleep of a lifetime.