Chapter Four

Isabella's Pov
"How come you call yourself the babysitter?" Heavy exhausted had seeing over my body in no time staying up most nights in the phone with Steve had kept the night long and dreamy. If it wasn't on the phone I was at the mall watching him and Robin work behind the counter.

I would say it took over a week before I was comfortable around everyone enough to start hanging around with them, and learning the dark effects of the upside down, an even more powerful thing along side the powers and all.

Steve had yanked his hat from off the top ruffling up his hair, leaning over the counter to peer back at me deeply cracking a side smile my way.

"Its a joke I say cause Nancy leaves me with her brother and all the kids. Hence I'm the babysitter do you know how many times they come to me for advice? I'm awesome Bella." A soft roll of my eyes was what he was met with propping myself over the counter as well.

"I'm sure you are awesome Steve Harrington. But your emotions say other such a shy guy you are." A bright shade of red formed across his cheeks, a soft groan followed shortly after.

"You promised not to do that you know it makes me shy." He exclaimed laughing along with me.

"You touched my hand okay!" I snickered moving my hand to ruffle the top part of my curls a few times looking away, I knew his break was gonna be cut short soon, it was a hot day which meant more ice cream.

"As much as I could enjoy your emotions all day Steve, your break is gonna end soon. I'll see you later." I smiled at him, pushing myself up and off the counter his eyes following me before he cleared his throat.

"Hey Bella I know you are gonna stick around for a bit, how about I drive you home after my shift?" I gazed at him firmly I was gonna deny him at first before his round eyes were almost pouting with pleas.

"Ugh alright, I'll be waiting." I teased him spinning around I felt my arm was tugged a couple times drawing my curiosity before I was grinning at Eleven who was smiling at me softly urging me with her.

"Come on Bella I wanna spend some time with you." She told me beaming out a smile, I have Steve one more look before waving goodbye to him being urged on.

Did it feel nice to have more people around I could trust? Loads it did, did I feel even more shy around someone? Also a strong yes.

____________________________
By the time 5 pm had rolled by my feet were killing me. El sure could move around and not get tired by the time I had made it back to meet Steve he was already done and helping Robin close up meeting me halfway sending me a smile.

"Hey all done ready to go?" I gave him a deep head nod, following along side him as we made are way to the lower floor of the mall.

"You smell like ice cream and milk, it's sort of a comforting smell." I told him through soft laughter, seeing him tilt his head towards me a breathless laugh leaving him.

"Yeah I gotta shower when I get home, it's like the ice cream smell just sticks to me completely. You always smell like coffee did you know that?" It was my turn to grow embarrassed clearing my throat casually making a few noises head and there avoiding his eye walking in front of him first.

"I uhm like coffee, I drink it a lot I like that it makes me hyper." I shouldn't have giggled at the face he had across his face before he was looking to the side shaking with laughter holding open the double doors for me to exit, muttering a low thank you to him, he followed after me shortly.

"You really are a strange girl. Maybe it's what I like. That coffee is why you stay up all night, you should try and get some sleep. Feeling emotions all day can't be too good for the mind." A playful eye roll was sent his way, pressing my body to lean over the passenger door of his car.

"Come here. " I whispered to him seeing him send me an odd look stepping closer towards me. I lifted my palms up, cradling at his face in one soft motion watching his eyes grow wide as he focused on me.

"You have very strong emotions. You are a very emotional person. Sometimes temperamental but you care about those close to you. You are so soft Steve and here I thought you were an asshole bullying people. Your friends use to do the dumbest bullying calling me fat." I sighed rubbing my thumbs over his cheeks, watching him lift one hand up to rub at my shaky hand.

"I'm nothing like my old friends. I may have done some fucked up shit that I can't make up for. But I would love to try." He relaxed a little fluttering those eyes of his close for a moment.

"Now being up closer to you, and touching you. You have beautiful emotions." I whispered back to him, his hand kept holding my hand over his cheek before he leaned forward to press his temple over my shoulder inhaling sharply.

"Thank you.. I needed to hear that." I was a little startled from the close contact but with his permission I pulled him into a tight deep hug, holding the back of his head stroking at his long hair feeling him nuzzle into the shape of my shoulder a couple times.

"Any time. " I whispered in a tender tone still loosely playing with his hair shutting my own eyes. The embrace was needed. It was warm. A one of a kind embrace.