22

"There's nothing between Amanda and I"
"He even knows her name and he's telling me that there's nothing between them. Hard to believe", I don't even know what to tell this boy, of all the points to use and pin this Amanda stuff is with me knowing her name? Maybe I can get out of this if I play my cards right.
"I don't know what you're talking about. She introduced herself in class and it's hard to forget the name of one of your competitors"
"That's what you'll say now but just know that we're always watching even when you think we're not"
"You do you bro. You won't find anything because there's nothing to be found"
"We'll see", and just like that the topic ended which I'm ever grateful for, I actually thought they saw me chase after her, thank God they didn't because that would be embarrassing. One thing I know about Chinedu and Brian is that when it comes to anything me and girls, their ears and eyes are up like an antenna so I have to be very careful with every step I take. I'm not planning to fall in love with anyone, I just want to be her friend which is totally normal.

I was having a really great time after a really long time, we were discussing about things that have been on our mind when I checked the time and it was late.
"I have to go guys, before dad comes home and realize I left Daniel alone at home"
"You left Daniel alone at home? What were you thinking?"
"I didn't know I'll stay out this long. I took a stroll because they were making a whole lot of noise at home and I couldn't take it anymore"
"Alright, we'll see you in school then. Our regards to your family", we hugged it out and I headed home. Stepping into the gate, I sighted my dad's car parked a few distance from me which meant that he was home. I'm either in trouble or I'm not, I'm about to find out which it is and hopefully it's not the first. The light inside the house were all off which meant everyone was probably asleep, hopefully. I quietly walked in making an attempt to sneak into my room when the light to the living room was turned on stopping me in my track. I turned to see my dad sitting on the couch clicking his fingers on the arm rest, he wasn't looking so happy. I cleared my throat to speak.

"Good evening Dad, how was work today?"
"Where are you coming from young man?" There they go again with the young man title.
"I took a stroll and decided to stop by the boys house since it's been long since I last visited"
"Did I or did I not tell you that I was going to have a meeting at home this evening?"
"You did"
"Good. And what do I come home with my guests to? A very disorganized and untidy living room which reeked of cigarettes and alcohol with three boys passed out on the floor and music blasting at the highest volume", oh my gosh! Daniel has killed me.

"Dad, I can explain"
"Do not talk while I'm talking" he said while lifting his hand to shush me. Omo, I'm screwed for life. Dad has been talking about this meeting since the begining of the month and how it met alot to him.
"How on earth would you leave Daniel alone at home, have you forgotten what happened the last time?"
"Dad, I told him to clean up before you get back. I didn't know he would drink till he passed out"
"Where did he even get the alcohol from? I clearly instructed that all alcohols in this house should be discarded"
"I don't know, there was no alcohol here while I was around. They were just gaming"
"So, I leave you in charge for a short period of time and you screw up, is that how you want to run my company? If you're stepping out then call to inform so we'll send back up"
"I'm sorry dad, I didn't know it would result to this"
"Be very careful next time. This small mistakes can cause you a lot"
"I will. What about the meeting?"
"Oh, it'll still hold. We just rescheduled. You're very lucky they didn't cancel the contract, if not I don't think you'll be breathing this long to have this conversation with me"
"Thank God. I won't disappoint you again Dad"
"You better not. We learn from experience so I hope you've learnt a lesson or two from this?"
"Definitely. Where's Daniel though?" I looked around to see the clean room, I wonder what happened with them.
"In his room passed out like a lifeless being", dad sighed. I could see how stressed Daniel was making him and if this continue it would affect his health badly and I don't want that. I'll have to talk to Daniel before he kills our dad with high blood pressure.

"I've taken his keys, phones and any other thing that would be useful to him till it's time for him to go back to school. I'm thinking of getting a home service therapist this time around so history doesn't repeat itself. What do you think?" Some months back when Daniel's addiction was really bad, dad registered him for therapy to help with it, we all thought he was actually going for his therapy session because he wasn't smoking or drinking anymore at home. Then one day we got a call inquiring if we later cancelled because he never showed up, not even one day. I think home service would be good since I'm around.
"Hopefully it would work this time around"
"Alright, Go to your room and study. One of my boys have to make me proud and I hope you do", I went to my room and shut the door. Releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding i rested on the door. If Daniel would accept his responsibilities I won't have to deal with all this stress in my life. I have to meet up with dad's expectation of both him and I since Oga has decided he doesn't want to be useful to the society and be the son my dad always wanted. I went to my bed and laid down, I didn't feel like reading or touching anything book tonight, hopefully tomorrow would be better because if this continues I won't qualify for the  upcoming competition and I can't let Amanda win. After a long while I finally slept.