11

..."in this bag holds, dawn dawn dawn", he said using his mouth for dramatic effects. He handed me the bags and I opened the biggest one, there was an apple MacBook.
"Oh my gosh!!!, Dad?"
"Ehhh"
"What is this?"
"What does it look like nah"
"You got me a MacBook?"
"Yeah"
"Why?"
"First, you are in ss2 now, you are going to need a laptop to get your homeworks done and term paper and so on, so I said why not get you the best their is. Second, like I said before there is no rule that said I cannot give my daughter the best. Have you forgotten you are my only daughter and the only one around to take care of me, if I don't spoil you with gifts then who will?"
"Nobody."
"So yeah."
"Thank you dad", at this point I was tearing up, I love my dad more than anything in this world. Though he can be super strict sometimes, he is just trying to protect me from the evils of the world.

"You are welcome but don't thank me yet, open the other bags and receive the shock of your life."
"Shock of my life kwa? Isn't this one shocking enough abi you want me to be electrocuted?", He chuckled and signalled for me to open the bag so I did. I brought out the waterproofs and it was my school uniform.
"What!!!!, Dad how? When? Ehhh?"
"Well, I was coming back and the principal called to tell me your uniform was ready so I said to myself, instead of going on Friday let me just go and collect it, so I did. Test the uniform to see if it is your size, I know it will because you are small buh let's see how well it fits you"
"Daddy I'm not small abeg, I'm just tiny and it's cute."
"What's the difference?"
"Ahhh, there are lots of differences oo. Small means I'm still a baby, or a primary school child but tiny as in I've grown but have a tiny structure."
"Ehh, small, tiny, they are all the same thing to me, wear the uniform first godi", I brought out the uniform from its waterproof and tried it on.

The uniform was a white T-shirt matched with a black short skirt, a black tie and an orange cardigan with white socks. I wore the uniform and it was a little big, what am I saying, it was so big, dad was laughing his soul out. I looked at myself in the mirror, I cannot wear this uniform to school oo, it is to go and start looking for tailor now, mtchewww.
"Why the face? It's not that bad nah"
"It's not that bad but you're here laughing like what I don't know"
"I wasn't laughing at you nah, how can I laugh at my own daughter"
"By opening your mouth and laughing"
"Ahhh, nawa oo, so somebody cannot play with you again"
"I'm not a woman or preacher of play nah, I'm a serious"
"Set awon serious geng, abeg what was my own surprise?"
"Ehen, thank you for reminding me. Guess what your surprise is?"
"You know I cannot guess nah, tell me what it is"
"At least make an attempt first"
"Okay. Plantain chips?"
"See your mouth like plantain chips, that is not your surprise joor, try again."
"I don't know nah."
"Since you don't want to try let me tell you your surprise. In the kitchen ehh, there is something there for you, and that thing is dawn dawn dawn....plantain porridge", I said adding all the dramatic effects I could add. Dad's face lit up at the mention of plantain porridge, he ran to the kitchen to check if I was joking, I laughed and followed him.

"Oh my gosh!!!, It is true, you cooked plantain porridge?"
"Yep, I know it's been a really long time since you had it so I cooked it"
"Thank you so much. What would I do without you?"
"Nothing, see as you are showering praises on me because of ordinary plantain porridge", I said smiling even when I knew plantain porridge meant everything to him...and me too.
"I'm sure you know it means so much to us."
"Yes daddy I know, wait let me put for you."
"Don't worry I'll eat from the pot", he collected spoon and started eating from the pot.
"Daddy don't finish it oo, me I have not eaten"
"Ohhh"
"Daddy nah, go upstairs and freshen up first then when you come down we will eat together."
"Fine, i will go, let me just take one more spoon", that was how one spoon turned to three spoons.
"Daddy go nah, you are smelling me here", he chuckled and went upstairs. I dished out our food and dropped it on the table then I took the bags to the room.