15

This chapter is dedicated to everyone out there who believes they can make it in life.
*****

Jenny opened the door a bit to check if class was holding and it was, we took permission and entered. Everyone stared at me especially the boys.
"Uncle good morning", we greeted at the same time.
"When jennifer how are you?"
"I'm fine sir and how are you?"
"I'm good thank you", he looked at me strangely as if to say he was trying to recall my face.
"Who's your friend here? I don't think have seen her face before, what's your name?"
"Amanda"

"Are you a new student?"
"Yes sir"
"No wonder, because I couldn't place your face, anyways you're highly welcome to our school, you guys can stay at that side, don't disturb my class oo", he said while pointing at the back.
"Ok sir we won't", I said and we headed to the back, I didn't like the way the boys stared at me like I was meat and they wanted to eat me whole. It was only one boy that didn't stare at me and I must confess he's a cutie.

I sat down, took out my books, pen, jotter and headphone. I connected my phone to the headphone and listened to music, I started completing my biology note since we were to submit it today and I really wanted to submit with others. Once I was done with the note I left the lab to submit I and Jenny's note in the biology lab, I came back and the boys stared at me till I reached my seat, I wonder what's doing them sef. I completed my other notes I couldn't finish at home then I read a bit before the bell rang signalling the end of the second period.

The students filed out of the lab and we moved forward, I was feeling hungry so I removed my headphone and brought out plantain chips to eat. I blessed it then opened it.
"Do you want some?"
"Yes but I'll only take when I'm done with this question"
"Let me see the question", I took a look at the question and helped her solve it.
"There, now you're done with it. Take some", she took abit and ate.
"Wow this is delicious",she took more and more. I quickly took it from her before she finishes it.

"It is shey?"
"I'll be the judge of that", I was interupted when a foreign voice spoke and snatched my chips from my hand. We both turned to see Ikenna standing in all his supposed glory, he ate a few pieces and nodded in satisfaction. Who the hell did he think he was to do that. I stood up and snatched my chips from him and slapped him. He looked at me in shock.
"Listen up young man, I don't know who you think you are but stay away from me and my chips or I'll serve your head on a platter of gold"

"You? Serve my head on a platter of gold?"
"Yes"
"You that don't have money, with which money will you use and buy the gold?"
"Try me next time and you'll find your answer", I was beyond angry.
"Do you have the slightest idea of who you're talking to?"
"And who are you?", I said taking a step forward to challenge him.
"It's obvious you don't know who I am, if you did you would respect me"
"I'm not using that piece of information to do anything so why waste precious time and data searching for a nobody?"

"See, I've tried being nice to you but since you don't want nice then I'll start being mean to you", with that he left.
"Amanda what have you done? You do not want to get on Ikenna's bad side."
"I showed him who's boss, you're welcome"
"Boss ke? Hey this girl has killed me, it's obvious you didn't search what I told you to search."
"Why would I? If you don't want to tell me then I won't browse it."
"Fine, he's Ikenna Ogbu, son to the multi billionaire, Mr Ogbu, CEO of Ogbu's enterprise"

"Ohh, I've heard of Ogbu's enterprise a few times from my dad"
"Now you know who you're dealing with, be careful around him, he can buy you with his money if he wants and he can also make your life a living hell"
"Relax girl, there's no need to worry, if anyone needs to be worried it's him, I can be a thorn in his butt if he wants it like that."
"Hmm, just be careful io"
"I will sweet heart, now let's get back to studying"

***
After a long day the bell finally rang indicating school dismissal, I packed my bag and left the class with Jennifer. Since dad wasn't picking me I decided to wait with Jenny for her driver to come pick her up, we waited for an hour but he hadn't come.
"Ohh God where's this man nah"
"Why not call him to know where he is, you know how bad Lagos traffic can be maybe he's stuck in traffic"
"You're right", she took out her phone and called her driver, from the look on her face she wasn't happy at all
"What happened?"

"He had to drop dad and mom at the airport and won't be back for a while"
"Don't worry we'll use transport, let me order our drive", I reached for my phone but it wasn't in my bag. I searched the whole bag but it wasn't there.
"What are you looking for?"
"My phone, I know I put it here"
"Check the class, maybe you left it there"
"Abi, let me go and have a look", I went into the classroom to search for my phone but I met Mirabel and Ikenna in the class.

Mirabel was trying to get ikenna's attention while he was reading. I walked to my seat and it was as if he had an antenna to detect my movement as he looked up the very moment I reached my seat, I looked at him then at Mirabel who was glaring at me, I rolled my eyes and proceeded the search for my phone. Alas I found it in between some books I quickly locked up and left the class to avoid unnecessary drama. I met jenny outside sitting on a chair with her hands covering her face, I tapped her and she got up with a smiley face once she saw me.

"What took you time?"
"I didn't tell you I was flash nah"
"Whatever, did you find the phone?"
"Yep", I said stressing the 'p'
"Ohh and by the way, Ikenna is inside reading. Why?"
"I don't know oo, he spends extra time in school to read, I don't know why he won't just go home and read"
"Interesting, seems like he's trying to improve his grade to pass"
"Nope, he's actually the best student in our set"
"What?"
"I said..."

"I know what you said silly but how can you let him pass you?"
"He's just too good. I don't know how he does it ohh when he spends most of his time with that witch"
"Mad oo. Don't worry, now I'm here I'll help you guys and kick his ass"
"You?"
"Yes nah"
"Babes, I'm sure that by now he's ready half way into the terms work. How will you cope when you've already missed a week's work?"
"Girl just you wait and watch me work my magic"

"Ok oo. Abeg get our ride nah, I'm tired"
"Ok ok", I ordered our cab and he arrived within minutes. We got in and he took us to our respective destination.

****
That's a wrap for today guys. I would have written more but I got physically and mentally tired plus the frustration of sitting at home doing nothing because of strike but God is my strength.

Anyways, how is this chapter? I know it isn't much but I'm working on increasing the length and number of chapters I post.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this story to your friends. Don't enjoy it alone.

I also want to take you guys for the reads, votes and comment. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

I'm giving today's shout out to the new readers, voters and commenters, may God bless you as you join our family.