14

It was first period and we had biology, we greeted the teacher as she walked in, she nodded and signalled for us to take our seat.
"We'll be continuing from where we stopped last week, can someone tell me last week's topic?" The whole class was quiet, no one seemed to raise their hand.
"Mirabel answer my question"
"Urm our last week's topic was photosynthesis"

"Correct. And what did I say photosynthesis was?"
"Photo... photosynthesis is...is the...the..."
"Answer my question or do you have something in your mouth?" The teacher said as Mirabel kept stuttering, the whole class erupted in laughter tho Ikenna's laugh seemed to be the loudest.
"I don't know the answer ma", she said lowering her head as everyone laughed once again.
"How would you know the answer when you were busy talking with Mr Ogbu throughout my last class and you were doing same few minutes go, that's why I pointed you out"

"I...I..."
"Will you shut up before I teach you a lesson. Mr Ogbu answer the question", everyone turned to look at Ikenna as he stood up to answer her question.
"Photosynthesis is the process by which green plants, algae, diatoms, and certain forms of bacteria make carbohydrates from carbon dioxide and water in the presence of chlorophyll, using energy captured from sunlight by chlorophyll, and releasing excess oxygen as a byproduct", he defined it without breaking a sweat. I mean, he's meant to know it nah, simple photosynthesis.

"A clap for him", we all clapped for him.
"Take your seat, Mirabel keep standing till you get my question."
"Mirabel how many stages of photosynthesis do we have?"
"I don't know ma", she said. Ok this is getting embarrassing.
"Can you imagine, who will answer my question?" Jennifer raised her hand.
"Yes Jennifer"
"There are two stages of photosynthesis"
"Namely?"

"Light and dark stage"
"Very good, a clap for her" we all clapped and Jenny took her seat.
"Mirabel explain the light stage?"
"I don't know ma"
"Jesus, this is serious oo, infact come out here", she cat walked to the front of the class swaying her waist and trying to shake the bum bum she doesn't have.
"See this one, who are you cat walking for? You should be ashamed of yourself, kneel down here joor", she knelt down.

"Who will answer my question?" I raised my hand. Though I wasn't in class last week I have read the topic.
"Yes, new girl", everyone turned to look at me including Ikenna who was smirking as if to say he was waiting for me to mess up my answer. I'll show that brat his rightful place.
"The light stage takes place in the thylakoid membranes of the chloroplast.
The function of the light stage is twofold:
First, the splitting of water to provide protons (H+) for the reduction of carbon dioxide. These protons are carried by a special carrier molecule known as NADP (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate). It is during this stage that oxygen is released as a byproduct. The oxygen produced during photosynthesis comes from the water molecules.
Second, the formation of ATP. Light energy is absorbed by chlorophyll and causes an electron to become excited. This electron leaves the chlorophyll molecule and is passed along special molecules where its energy is used to convert ADP into ATP. This ATP is used as an energy source for the formation of carbohydrate in the dark stage." After a while I finished my explanation and took a deep breath, everyone looked at me with utter shock including Ikenna whose mouth hung open.

"Wonderful, a clap for her", they clapped and I sat down.
"Mirabel explain the dark stage?"
"I don't know the answer"
"Meaning what? Tell me anything you know about photosynthesis?"
"I think it has something to do with sun, plant, energy and oxygen"
"You think?"
"Yes ma"
"This is very appalling, immediately after this class follow me, you need serious punishment."
"Ok ma."
"Who knows the answer to my question", I raised my hand

"Yes?"
In the dark stage....", Once I was done I looked around and everyone stared at me like I grew a third head. Everyone started clapping for me though I didn't see any special thing in what I said.
"What's your name dear?"
"Amanda ma"
"Thank you for sharing more light on the topic, Mirabel try to be more like her. You can take your seat"
"The pleasure was mine ma", Mirabel glared at me as I took my seat, I gave her my 'serves you right' smile.

"Now today we'll be learning the importance of photosynthesis, write down what I'm writing", she started writing note on the board and everyone copied into their note. I took out my notebook and wrote my notes. After few minutes the bell rang indicating the next period, the teacher left with Mirabel and the whole class became rowdy.
"You were on fire!!! How did you do that sef"
"Do what?"
"Answer all those questions like they were nothing nah"

"Ohh, there's no biggie there, the questions weren't hard nah"
"Boss boss, jacko I hail you oo"
"Abeg free me joor, what are we having now sef?"
"Ohh, we have free period till 10:30 then break"
"Ok, that's a good one and half hours, what do you do with it?"
"I just chill and listen to gist"
"Ahh ahh nah"
"What?"
"Come let's go to the library"
"I don't like staying in the library, the librarian is too mean"
"Where do you now stay to read?"

"Any of the labs"
"Oya nah let's go there, it's even better sef because I want to eat"
"Physics and biology would be occupied so let's go to chem lab, even if it's occupied uncle will let us stay because I'm like his favorite student"
"Ok nah, let's go", we packed our bags and left the class. After climbing the long stair case we finally reached what I assume was the chemistry lab.

******
With that we have come to the end of this chapter. I promised to drop a bonus chapter and here I am fulfilling my promise.🙃🙃

How was it?

How do you see the characters? Among Ikenna, Brian and chinedu which is the finest to you?

Am I the only one that thinks her puppies are just too cute? Mehn that's some cuteness overload.

Comment your thoughts about this chapter in the comment section below.

Don't forget to vote and share to your friends and family.

Stay safe, don't forget to wash your hand and wear your face mask when leaving the house.

We'll meet again in the next chapter.

One♥️♥️.

Byee for now.
Shalom✨✨