10

I was about saying it again when someone beat me to it.
"Excuse me miss", his voice was so bold that the woman stopped in her tracks and came to where we were.
"Good evening sir, how may we help you?"
"Don't tell me you didn't notice this pretty girl here that has been trying to get your attention all this while", for the first time the lady looked down at me and smiled.
"I'm sorry sir, my mind was not there", who was this guy that this lady respected him so much? I asked myself. I turned to take a quick look at him and oh my gosh he's so freaking tallll, I quickly faced my front so he won't see my reaction. I felt like a dwarf beside him. It's not that he is tall aspa giant tall but he's taller than me with a good number of inches or maybe even feets.

"No problem, attend to her first, she's been here for a while now, then you can attend to me"
"Ok sir. Ma'am, how may we help you?"
"Ohh yeah thanks for the attention. Actually my dad sitting over there placed an order, I am here to pick it up", I said pointing to my dad.
"Ok, give me a minute let me get it"
"No problem", I used the opportunity to turn fully giving him all my attention.
"You know you didn't have to right?"
"Ohh yeah right, it's not like you had it under control"
"I did too"
"Aww, ehyaaa, I'm so short of words", he said while patting my head as if I'm a five year old.
"Don't aww me", I said pushing his hand out.
"Whateves, what's your name pretty?"
"What's it to you, abeg free me joor", I said and faced my front. Few moments later the lady came back with a huge tray with all our food.
"Thanks"
"You know for a small girl you sure eat too much. All this food for only you?", This guy was just irking me.
"If it's for only me and so? Free me joor", I went back to my seat and sat down.

"What took you so long?, I thought you went there to go and sleep"
"Hmm, daddy if you know how I hustled to get this food ehh"
"Hustle kwa, which hustle, all you had to do was to collect the food, it's not as if you went there to place an order"
"Daddy you won't believe this people ok"
"What happened?"
"Daddy do you know that I stood there and was shouting excuse many times like a fool, just for a guy to come and say it once and they gave him attention. Is it because he's taller than me", dad was laughing so hard he started tearing up.
"What?"
"At least now you've learnt your lesson, next time you allow we the tall people to show you how it's done"
"What are you trying to say ehh?"
"Nothing", he said laughing. I was about to give him his ice cream but since he was mocking me I opened it and took some spoons from it.
"Hey you are eating my ice cream"
"That's what you get for mocking your daughter. It's not as if it's my fault I'm short nau"
"Ok, oya sorry"
"Ehen, now you come, apology accepted"
"Can I have my ice cream now?"
"No, I'm going to lick your own then I'll lick my own when we get home"
"Please nah my ice cream, I will buy you more ice cream on our way home"
"Promise?"
"Promise"
"Cross my heart?"
"What?"
"Just say it"
"Fine, cross my heart"
"Ok, here you go", I gave him the ice cream I had started licking from. We ate our food and drinks then we finished our ice cream and went to pay before heading home.

On our way out of the restaurant with my ice creams I saw the guy from earlier sitting with his friends and talking. He looked at me and winked while smirking. I turned back to see if it was me he was doing it to. Dad noticed and looked to where I was looking. The guy winked again and smirked, this time while my dad was looking. I was staring at the guy when my dad poked me.
"Lover girl, what's stopping you from moving, see how you stopped walking and you're making googling eyes with that guy."
"Daddy nauuuuu"
"What, I saw you people joor"
"Which one is lover girl and googling eyes again, please I don't like him"
"I didn't say you liked him. You see guilty conscience is speaking"
"Whatever let's be going", we left the place and went home. I put my ice cream in the freezer and freshened, I watched some movies in the parlour before I went to my room to sleep. I wonder if they've released Tony and his expression when he finds out I'm not around anymore. I laughed and the thoughts alone, shey he wants to make my life miserable, come to my father's house and do it nah, mtcheww. I read some stories on wattpad then plugged my phone and slept off.

I woke up the next day around 10am, dad had already gone out. I went to the kitchen to prepare some Plantain and fried eggs with orange juice, after cooking and eating I brushed my teeth, had my bath and dressed up. There was nothing for me to do so I went to the music room to practice my singing and keyboard skills, I had not practised in a while so I was lagging behind. I recorded what I was able to play and sent it to my teacher for corrections, after that I made a sandwich with biscuits and ice cream then sat down in the dining and started reading the story I started last night. After two hours of uninterrupted reading I was done with the book, I gave my opinion about the book to the authors and gave them tips on how to improve the story. That's basically what I do for side hustle, people pay me to read their books and give them a feedback and tips on how to make it better. It was currently afternoon and I wanted to prepare unripe plantain porridge for dad and I since it's our favorite food, I dressed up and headed to the mall to get some things I'll be needing. I bought the plantains and other stuffs like stock fish, Pomo, I also bought some snacks since I am a snack addict. I stumbled upon some plantain chips and chin chin so I helped myself and bought enough for dad and I so that he won't say I didn't buy for him. I went home and started cooking while listening to fem by davido and some other songs

It's evening right now and I'm here waiting for dad to get back so we could eat together but he's taking so long and I was getting extremely hungry. I was watching twist of fate while eating my chips when dad pulled up into the compound, I ran outside to welcome him.
"Daddy welcomed, I've been waiting for you"
"Mmhm, do I smell plantain chips"
"Daddy nau, nawa ok, your daughter is greeting you and you're asking for chips, so you can choose chips over your own flesh and blood", I said pretending to be angry and hurt.
"I'm sorry, how are you my child"
"I'm fine and yes you're smelling plantain chips because I bought some", I showed him the chips in my hand.
"Please nah give me"
"I should give you?"
"Yes"
"Oya open your mouth", he opened his mouth, just as the chips was about to enter his mouth I took it and ate it.
"It's not fair nah"
"Daddy don't worry, your own is inside, come let's go inside first"
"Ok, carry the things I bought"
"Where?"
"At the back", I carried some bags that we're at the back and we went inside hand in hand"

"I have a surprise for you", we both said at the same time, we looked at each other and laughed.
"Ok you go first", I said
"No you go first, you seem very happy"
"No you go first, mine can wait"
"Ok fine I'll go first"
"In this bags hold..."

****
How was this chapter?

Hmm, Amanda plus mystery boy? I smell something fishy.

what do you guys think is the surprise her dad has for her?

And what surprise does she have for him?

Do you think Tony will still look for Amanda?

Find out in more chapters to come.

I want to use this opportunity and thank all my readers, voters and commenters. I sight you people. I wish I can send a message to every single one of you. Thank you guys so much for the 1000+ reads, you don't know how happy I am to know you guys are still reading my book.

And to my personal persons that always comments their thoughts, may God bless of you for me. I love you guys so much. One ♥️