Chapter 3: Crush

Senki strolled along the mireland. The air was thick and murky. It was unbearable to breathe. Mud was sticking onto the soles of her shoes, water seeping through the apparel that was crafted from hay. Her white socks were gradually getting discoloured into a revolting brown hue. There were still traces of mud clumps sticking onto her palms.

Sending out her Kadabra for the battles along the way, she soon spotted what looked to be pillars of stones in the distance. There were weather-worn bricks that appear to be the remains of a place of worship.

'Volo.' A charming face floated to mind. She recalled how the charismatic merchant was in awe of the plates she had acquired from the noble Pokemon and rambled on about the "Mysteries of the past". She wondered if the salesman would be intrigued by this, or being the curious one, had already known of this?

She could feel the heat rushing through her cheeks at the thought of the man. Recently, she had been enamoured with the man. It was more than just his tempting face or his cheerful demeanour. There was just something about him.

She clapped her cheeks. She must get back to her work. Professor Laventon is waiting. Her attention turned to Kadabra.

And there in its eyes, was a hint of mockery.

"Did...Did you read my mind?" Senki's shoulders jerked up nervously. She could feel her cheeks glowing red like molten lava. Professor Laventon did say that Kadabra has psychic powers after all.

Kadabra turned its head away from her, its yellow snout letting out a "Ka ka ka", chuckling away. The two strands of yellow furs bounced about as the Pokemon did a gleeful dance.

"What! Hey now!" Senki felt defeated. She pouted, her cheeks puffed up like a Driftloon.

"Well, it's not like I am very obsessed with him..." She tried to reason, crossing her arms and looking down at her feet.

To say the least, she was very obsessed with him. She would put her excursion off every morning just to wait for the slacker of a Gingko Guild merchant to arrive in the village. She would buy from him just to strike up a conversation. Even if it means her satchel can no longer store all those items, and her storage chest is full of extra potions she may never get the chance to use.

"You know?" She lifted her head to see Kadabra who was looking at her with defeated eyes, as if saying, "Really? Really now?"

"Hey! Don't look at me like that!" Senki huffed out a deep sigh.

Well, at least humans can't understand Kadabra. There won't be any words getting out. That's a relief.