Chapter 11: Crush (Kadabra's edition)

"Sorry guys, I'll have to leave all of you guys here at the pastures for the time being. I have to complete the research tasks for Dad and it will be quicker if all the Pokemon I need to research in in my party at once." Senki explained, her Pokemon forming a circle around her. Samurott lowered its snout, nuzzling her legs. Her legs almost buckled on her from how ticklish it was. Ninetales wrapped its golden, luscious fur around her hip. Sylveon wrapped its feelers around her arm as if begging her not to go. Staraptor flew in circles around her, preventing her from walking away. Her newest addition to her team, Graveler, sat on the grassy pasture, using its hands to dig into the grass, revealing the brown soil underneath. She glanced at her partner pokemon, Kadabra, who was staring down at her with much indignant. Ever since she earned that fourth-star rank, Kadabra was more willing to obey her commands, though it seemed to be in its "rebellious phase".

"I am sorry. I promise I'll bring you guys out more often. You guys will always be the much stronger of my Pokemon." Senki chuckled at how clingy her Pokemon are. She tucked the Pokeballs of the Pokemon she is going to train at the training ground into her satchel, prepping herself to leave.

She turned around, though she felt a sudden pull from behind. A familiar force took over her, lifting her into the air. She lost total control over her own body.

"Kadabra! Let me down!" She screeched in fright as her Kadabra tipped her upside down. Strands of her jet black hair were getting into her mouth. In her peripheral vision, she spotted Marie with her mouth gaped open in fright, absolutely horrified by how the psychic pokemon was 'attacking' its trainer. She returned the brown-haired woman with a reassuring smile. Kadabra wouldn't hurt her.

"Kadabra! Let me down, or else!" Senki admonished. Kadabra only gave her a smug smirk.

"There are other Pokemon you can hang out with her, you know!" Senki pointed to the shiny Kirlia hanging out with itself at the corner of the pen. "You know, that Kirlia over there. It is a psychic type! You guys have something in common!" Is that how Pokemon make friends?

Nothing else was needed. In the blink of an eye, she was dropped onto the soft grass, her back aching from the fall. A sense of deja vu came over her. It was like the time she fell out of the space-time rifts in the sky.

She dusted the speckles of soil away from her body. She restored her composure, to see Kadabra's back facing her. Kadabra waved its three-fingered hand dismissively as if chasing her away.

Senki rolled her eyes. It's always hot and cold with this one.

She picked herself up and made her way out of the pastures. It is training time.

~

Sunset blossomed upon the clouds. The day was ending, hinting to Senki that the day was coming to an end. She disliked the darkness, and how the nighttime would unfold around her as she couldn't fathom what was in front of her.

Senki bid Zisu goodbye as she exited the training ground. She looked up at the sky like a rose petal blush, face aglow with the orange rays before her. She doesn't find anything alluring about sunsets. It is just the sun going to sleep. She approached the entrance of the pasture, the large brown board carved with words greeting her. She expected to see Marie, as usual, standing there to greet her. Though this time, the woman in the black kimono wasn't in her usual spot. She walked along the fences and finally spotted the woman crouching down beside a fence.

"Marie? Are you alright-?"

"Sh!" The woman shushed her with a finger on her lips. Marie then pointed into the pasture, where she had left her Pokemon.

Senki crouched down and peered into the large gap in the wooden fence. Right in the very secluded corner of the pasture, were Kadabra and the shiny Kirlia. The pair were sitting on the grass, leaning onto each other. The Kirlia was much smaller than its lover, nuzzling into the arm of its significant other, its blue hair dented against its partner. Wrapped around Kirlia's thin snow-white waist lovingly was Kadabra's yellow arm. In its other hand was its silver spoon, waving it around in glee. They faced the sun, admiring the sunset that settled itself at the horizon. With a flourish of a romantic hand, the sky was blossoming into a mesmerizing hue of gold and pink. Nothing could be used to describe how magnificent the sight in front of her was.

Senki clasped her hand over her mouth. That's so cute! She squealed internally, trying not to let giggles escape her mouth and ruin the moment, Joy bubbled inside her. She could barely contain her excitement. Is that why Kadabra quickly hurried her away earlier?

Senki slowly rose and retreated out of reach from the vicinity of the pastures.

She shall leave them to it.