Chapter 10: Eevee & Melli

"Alright, Senki! Go a round with me!" The diamond clan leader challenged Senki to a Pokemon battle right in front of the Galaxy Hall. It was early in the morning when Senki was awakened by one of the Pearl clan wardens to meet the Commander. Her vision was blurry. She was still in a state of dream. She wasn't prepared for a battle at all. Heck, she didn't even bring her stronger Pokemon with her. Or any Pokemon that is going to be effective against his Pokemon.

"Okay!" She screamed internally as the reply rolled off her tongue. Why did she say that?

"Melli, make sure you watch closely, now!" Adaman yelled across to his violet-haired warden.

'Oh gosh, and in front of that one? I better not lose...' Senki groaned in her mind. Even though she had just met the diamond clan warden, Melli sure didn't leave a good impression. At all.

In response, the warden turned his head away from her indignantly. Wow, rude much?

Leafeon, stepped forward for a battle, arching its yellow body. An Eevee dashed forward, joining the battle as well.

Senki dug into her satchel, her Pokeballs jumbled up in a big mess. Gosh, which one is Kadabra's? Her heart hammered against her chest. She would hate to keep her opponent waiting, especially Adaman.

'I'll have to wing it.' She cursed to herself, randomly picking one up.

Her Dusclops was sent out.

Leafeon used Calm Mind, and Eevee used Baby-Doll Eyes. Senki ordered Dusclops to send an Ominous Wind their way, which only affected the opposing Leafeon. Both of Adaman's Pokemon used non-attacking moves again, leaving Dusclops to throw a Shadow Ball at Leafeon, making it unable to battle.

Senki knew she had to change Pokemon, and reached into her satchel for another Pokeball. It was as if she was drawing something out of a mystery box.

She retrieved Dusclops and sent out her next Pokemon, which turned out to be an Eevee.

An Eevee versus Eevee battle?

Senki commanded Eevee to use Baby-Doll Eyes, to prepare for any unknown attacks that come its way, only for the opposing Eevee to use a quick attack. It did little to no damage to her higher-levelled Eevee. As Adaman's Eevee continued to use quick attack, Senki's own Eevee's second Swift attack took it out, deciding the battle,

In her peripheral vision, she noticed Melli started to walk their way, though her eyes were glued to the gleaming Eevee in front of her. Black smokes began surrounding the brown fox pokemon as the sand around began to engulf it inside.

"Eevee?" Senki had seen countless evolution before, though she was always quite sure what her Pokemon will evolve into. It might be an Espeon, that one eeveelution she once spot in one of her adventures in the space-time distortion. After all, they are standing right under the bright Hisui sun right now. She inhaled, her heart pounding as she anticipated a purple hue amidst the sandstorm surrounding her pokemon.

The sandstorm around the Eevee subsided, though the colours in front were not quite what she had anticipated.

Her evolved Eevee has a white body, with long pink ears that resembled a Buneary. Its baby blue eyes stared at her expectedly; they were clear like Hisui's blue sky. Well, at least the sky she had seen before all nobles went into a frenzy. It had what seemed to be white ribbons floating around, connecting to its neck, which had a pink bow attached to it.

"Your Eevee had evolved into a Sylveon!" Adaman walked towards Slyveon, crouching down to pet its tail, which is now thin and short.

"Congratulation, Senki!"

Excitement fluttered around her chest like a Beautifly. She was absolutely tingling with joy. She had never seen this eeveelution before. Questions raced through her mind. What type is it? What moves can it learn now? What tasks will Laventon give her? It looks so cute! She crouched down, petting Sylveon's long ears. It nuzzled its fuzzy head against her trainer's hand, her tail wagging in Adaman's hand. It was indulging itself in the attention it was getting.

"Hmph!" She heard something from behind her. Senki rolled her eyes. It sounded like a spoilt kid having a tantrum.

"You see how good Senki is now? No more sneering at her!" Adaman ordered. Senki looked up to see Melli towering above her, the warden's long curled hair dangling onto her head.

"Hmph!" Melli turned away disgruntled, refusing to meet her eyes.

Before Adaman could say anything else, Senki watched Melli collapse onto the ground like a thin tree being blown away in a storm. The warden fell right on his bum, and what was wrapped around his ankles was a white ribbon.

"Sylveon?" Senki gasped as the Pokemon retrieved back its feelers. She blinked in shock, though soon a wave of laughter took over her. Pressing her lips together firmly, her cheeks ballooned up as she tried to repress even a slight giggle.

"Why you!" Melli's face turned stormy as the warden put his hands on his hips, his purple brows knitted together in anger.

"Sylvi slyvi!" Sylveon chanted as it hid behind Senki, sticking its tiny pink tongue out, one of its big blue eyes closing, giving a cheeky wink.

'Way to go, Slyveon!' She silently praised the pokemon.

"See, even Slyveon is telling you not to sneer at Senki." Adaman lectured, keeping a stern face. Even so, Senki noticed sparkles of amusement in his eyes.

"Now, our helper from the Pearl clan is going to meet you at the training ground when you're ready. Till later, Senki! Glad to have your help, always!" With his signature pose, Adaman trotted away, followed by a grumpy Melli that helped himself up.

Senki watched the pair walk a few houses away. The laughter in her mouth was too hard to be contained, taking over her.

"HAHAHAHAHA!" A full-blown grin appeared on her face, rearing her head back and letting the much-repressed laughter escape her mouth. She barely noticed the nearby Beauregard and his Dustox stumbled a few steps back, taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"Good job, Sylveon!" She reached her palm out to the Pokemon, which it tapped its ribbon against, giving her a victorious high-five.

She's definitely bringing Sylveon with her wherever Melli goes now.