Rescue Mission

___________★★__________

Hope, Josie and Lizzie were in their rooms getting settled, Hope had found an easel and more painting supplies that hasn't been used in years. She wasn't even sure why the Salvatores had it but it was none of her concern, she was happy that they were kind enough to let her borrow it.

Lizzie had also set up her room, filling up her closet and dressers.

Josie had done the same, each were starting to feel more welcomed. Once Stefan was aware of Damon inviting the three to stay, he was skeptical to say the least. Still wondering why Bonnie had felt magic from Hope, he decided to put those concerns aside and welcome the teenagers seeing as they really haven't done anything to prove them guilty or untrustworthy.

Stefan and Damon were currently downstairs having a discussion on Stefans choice of plans.

"You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big save-Elena move?" Damon asked, unbelievably.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I got John instead," Stefan answers, "he said he could help us, and we're desperate."

"We're not that desperate, Stefan!" Damon shouted.

"Are you sure? Because last I checked you invited three teenage girls to help us, so yes, we're pretty desperate." Stefan shouted back.

"The guy tried to barbecue me."

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed." Stefan starts, "Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an original. He can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him because apparently he can't die!"

"Still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Damon said.

"He knew about the sacrifice," Stefan explained, "Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe."

"And how do we do that?" Damon asked.

"He's not talking, at least not to me, anyway."

"Great work, Stefan," Damon starts, sarcastically, "as if I didn't have enough problems." Damon starts to walk away

"I'm sorry about Rose." Stefan says.

Damon stops, "whatever. I knew the woman for 5 minutes." He continues to walk away.

"And you cared about her after 5 minutes, though. I wonder what that means."

"It means I care, Stefan." Damon turned back around, "It means I'm changing and evolving into a man capable of greatness. You better watch your back, because I may just have to get a hero hairdo of my own. And steal your thunder." He walks away.