CHAPTER II

I squint my eyes into the morning sunlight peaking through the blinds. In doing so, my head begins to pound with every heart beat. Yep, definitely regretting last night's decisions. I go to stand up, only to have a strong arm wrapped around my waist pull me back down. Oh shit.

I glance to my right to find a shirtless Maverick peacefully asleep, his arm draped over my own bare middle. I rub hands over my face. It's not like the night was bad, quite the opposite. It was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. What I'm dreading is having to get out of this mess without waking the man next to me and doing the walk of shame as I desperately try to find my house.

I look up at the clock on the wall, my eyes widening. "Fuck!" I quickly jump it of the bed and begin digging for my clothes.

"What's wrong?" Maverick grumbles, sitting up from the bed and causing the sheet to hang dangerously low on his hips. "What time is it?"

"Time for me to go." I had less than an hour to find my way home, get dressed, and be ready for Charlie to pick me up to drive me to the airfield for my first day of Top Gun meetings, and I'm standing in the middle of a hot, shirtless man's room. Not the best start to the morning.

"Why are you freaking—" he looks at the clock, his own eyes going huge. "Fuck!" The pilot jumps out of bed and starts gathering his own clothes. I can't help the blush that spreads to my cheeks as I turn away. Sure, I had seen it all last night, but that was also when I had a couple bottles of beer running through my system.

After I get dressed, I make a break for the door, but Maverick grabs my arm and turns me back to face him. Despite the situation, I can't help but smile at the sight. He's only managed to get his jeans on and is currently attempting to put his sock on with one hand. "Hey, do you need me to take you anywhere?"

"Don't you have to get somewhere too?"

"Yeah, but what kind of a gentleman would I be if I just kicked you to the curb." He gives me a cheeky smile and, for a moment, my mind goes blank. Curse that smile.

"I'm fine, but do you know how to get to Terrance Drive from here?"

He gives me directions, though I'm pretty sure I only partly processed them considering he is hopping on one foot. Before I can head to the door, he stops me once more. "Sorry this is how you have to leave. If we both weren't in such a rush, I'd offer to make you breakfast."

I smile, quickly leaning over and giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "Don't worry about it. Thanks for the great time last night."

He shoots me a smirk as he pulls on his shirt. "What do you say? Same time next week?"

I roll my eyes. "Bye Maverick." As soon as I leave his house, I bolt down the street towards my own, gaining quite a few weird looks from the neighbors I pass. It was no longer a walk of shame, but a sprint. By the time I actually arrive, Charlie is already waiting outside for me.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"You," I pant, pointing a finger at her as I go to open my door, "are a bad influence."

"You realize your first meeting is in fifteen minutes and it's a ten minute drive down to the field, right?"

"I didn't know it was that little time, but thank you for the added stress Charlie!" I curse under my breath as I dig through my closet for my tan uniform. The good thing about today was that it was all meetings and classes, no flying. So, I don't have to wear my uncomfortable, albeit easier to put on, flight suit. I take a quick look in the mirror and groan. I have the token "morning after sex" look. My hair is a birds nest, my lips still slightly swollen, and there is more than one mark left on my neck. I'm going to kill that pilot if I ever see him again.