Where I've Been

This message will contain topics relating to mental health, mainly symptoms of anxiety and depression. If that is something that will bring you discomfort, please do not read the following letter. What is important is that I am planning to continue writing this story and updating once more in the very near future. I apologize for my absence.

Hello everyone.

I apologize that this is not an actual update, but I wanted to address my absence. I have struggled with depression and anxiety since I was in middle school. Since then, I have received treatment and continue to take medication to help with this, but there are time periods where I start to feel more anxious or depressed than usual.

In the days leading up to Christmas, I started having on and off days of little motivation and greater anxiety about life in general. At first, I thought it was just a flare that would be gone within a week. Unfortunately, it continued.

I didn't want to do anything besides eat and sleep. I actually haven't looked at the app for the past couple of days. Writing was the last thing on my mind. I have been dreading the day that my winter break ends and I have to leave my family to go back to school. I've been stressing about my future and fearing that everything I'm doing currently won't be enough to get me anywhere in the future. In hindsight, I should've told someone sooner, but I didn't want to worry anyone during the holidays. I kept quiet hoping it would just go away.

Today, I broke down in my moms arms, finally releasing all of my pent up feelings. This was my first breakdown in a while. It was not fun at the time, but it was something that I needed to do. She held me and we talked about everything I was feeling in great length. Eventually, I was able to calm myself down and, now, though I still feel a bit down and anxious, I am in a much better place mentally.

So, what now? I have a newfound determination and desire to continue this book. Placing myself into the world I have created for Maverick and Lucky brings me immense joy and I very much miss it. I plan on updating the next chapter in the very near future, preferably sometime in the coming week. My college classes start up again this coming Monday and I firmly believe that the return to a more structured schedule will help me.

Again, I'm so sorry that I have not updated in a while and have been radio silent for the most part. I do truly love all the comments and love I get on this book. Posting this book was one of the best choices I've ever made and I've connected with so many people who I love deeply. I hope you all will continue with me to the end of Maverick and Lucky's story.

❤️ MGM