Chapter 4: The Better

SLAP!

"OW! What the- What the hell, (Y/n)?!"

"That's for Erina, Dio...Don't make me do that again!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one ever saw Erina after that incident. Last time (Y/n) got an idea where she was, it ended up being that the poor girl moved to India with her father. She was too ashamed to face Jonathan, thinking he probably didn't want her anymore. (Y/n) always had respect for her, having the bravery to disrespect Dio while keeping a clear head. What a terrible fate... If only she knew how often the boy looked out his window, missing the days when they played together.

Danny died shortly after, adding salt to the already wounded Jonathan. He was absolutely devastated, losing his longtime companion. (Y/n) attended the dog's burial, finding it hard to watch as Jonathan nearly broke down. She gave him a well needed hug, letting him embrace as long as he needed. (Y/n) wasn't the type to let go first when the person she was embracing was having a moment, especially when he was her dearest friend.

"It's alright, Jonathan. Danny's going to watch over you in his doggy heaven, okay? I'm sure he loved you until the end."

The way he passed was honestly disturbing. He was found in the incinerator, apparently being accidentally locked inside.

Sure....Accidentally... Something didn't add up here.

(Y/n) and Jonathan knew that Danny wouldn't trap himself inside the incinerator. He wasn't a dumb dog, and he definitely knew danger. Something told her that he wasn't there by accident... Judging from Dio's demeanor, he seemed to be void of all emotion. Unreadable even. Just that devilish look that he always wore. Sure, he didn't like Danny the slightest... But Danny was innocent...

What are they going to do? Ask? If they did then he'd likely say 'no'. Why would that be something to answer 'yes' to, knowing that it could earn him more than just an ass kicking?

She'll get to the bottom of it whenever she can. There's no evidence pointing to Dio, even if the gut feeling said so. Mr. Joestar was already caught between everyone, she didn't want to add any more worries to his list.

For now, everything resumed as if they tried to return back to normal. Tried. The heavy feeling of Jonathan's sadness combined with confusion would never leave. (Y/n) still came over for music lessons, helping Jonathan in every way she can. It took a good few weeks to get him to fully smile again. He still felt guilty for Danny's death, often asking himself why he never saw it coming. Why wasn't he there to save the dog? Why Danny?

Erina's gone to another country, Danny's gone forever... (Y/n) and his father were the only people left in his life that kept him from losing it completely.

Tragedy would strike again in a few years when his father would come down with an illness. The doctors have no idea what he may be struck with, so he was forced to watch as his father grew weaker and weaker.

The older they got, the more he saw less of (Y/n). Her usual music training continued, but she never came over for playdates as often. He learned from Mr. (Last name) that she was practicing for auditions to the music conservatories she wished to attend. Her dream school was in America, wanting to visit her old home

Jonathan remembered. He saw her fingertips bandaged up sometimes. She played her strings to their fullest potentials, refusing to give up until her fingers bled. She studied many composers, but studied Beethoven more; attending some of the concerts held in his honour to get inspiration. She even had a drawing of him she drew hanging on her walls. The girl even performed at a few concerts when she showed off her talents to the concert hall managers. Owners of theater halls would feature her once every few months, helping spread her name for more publicity.