Chapter 16: The Sinister

"Gentlemen, stand aside. I'll handle this."

Zeppeli punctured a hole into the wine bottle he brought with him. He let the remaining wine flow into the glass, keeping calm.

"He's a vampire zombie. They feed on the living to gain eternal life. But he's a mere puppet completely under Dio's control."

The vampire shook his weapon, letting the men see how sharp and dangerous it was as he held it. It looked deadly, especially with how versatile it could be. There were spikes on the handle. He had a rugged look, was half naked, and wore the most sinister smile Jonathan had ever laid eyes upon.

This was the first minion he's seen. There were more to come his way. If they were all this powerful, then his quest was harder than he thought. It's not enough to falter any hope and determination he had. If anything, it fueled him to be even stronger than his opponents.

"Behold, the most delicious terror you've ever gazed upon! Ghastly grey your eyes will turn! For I will savour your warmth and blood!" The vampire cackled, stabbing his knife through his face.

Jonathan let out a shocked breath, both disgusted and horrified at the sight.

"Wriggle with despair, little worms!"

Zeppeli stood in front of Jonathan and Speedwagon. He kept the two back so they didn't get hurt in the middle of their spar while he taught Jonathan everything he needed to know.

"Now, what's his next move?" Zeppeli asked Jonathan, "If I were him...Jojo, what is his method of thinking? You first must think like the enemy! If I were him I'd start cutting off access to the sun!"

Just as he said that their perpetrator threw the coach they had been riding in towards the only exit that wasn't blocked. Not only could they escape, they couldn't have sunlight that would be able to assist them in the battle. The carriage collided with the edge of the tunnel, collapsing the bricks and rocks in order to seal everyone in.

The only other exit forced them to battle.

"He's blocked off the only exit!" Speedwagon shouted.

"Jump, Speedwagon!"

With the exit blocked the vampire stepped closer, putting the three at alert postures. He let out a powerful growl, protruding some blades out of his skin. The sickening sight of it was more than enough for everyone to understand that their opponent was never human to begin with.

"So that's how he skewered the coachman!" Speedwagon shuddered.

Zeppeli took a sip of his wine as the vampire recoiled. Before the other two got a chance to turn their heads, the knives that were stuck through the skin of the vampire flung out and fired directly at him.

"Hamon Cutter!"

A charge of energy surged through the older gentleman's body. Spinning disks of violet sliced right through the sharp knives. Zeppeli remained unharmed. Not even a single scratch. It put the attacker in a confused state, wondering how a mere mortal could deflect his knives.

"My hamon cutter is far sharper than your knives," Zeppeli huffed, "Jojo, now for your next lesson...Consider the flea. A miniscule insect, is it not? Despite the size, the flea challenges the colossal foe that is a human.."

Jonathan nervously sweated when he saw the killer raise his knife at Zeppeli. He was getting ready to attack again, and Zeppeli was in the middle of a lecture.

"Is the flea courageous?" Zeppeli kept his eyes on the blade coming his way, "I think not. So, what is courage? Courage is knowing fear and making that fear your own!"