Speedwagon's End: "Can't Fight this Feeling"

AN: And so begins the endings that lead towards new beginnings : )

"Miss (Y/n)! Miss (Y/n)!!!"

Today was just another Tuesday. Gloves were put on, necklaces were removed in favour of others. A dark outfit in the shade of (favourite colour) was worn. It was collared and had long sleeves that were right around the firm arms (Y/n) had. She had a lacy frill that went down the clean and pressed white shirt that was worn under. Her heels were laced up to add a slight height while she put on makeup to touch up her dead features.

"We're so sorry to hear about Lord Dio, Miss (Y/n). He would have loved to had married you!"

"Don't worry, Miss (Y/n), it's okay to mourn over the loss of your fiance! None would ever come close to him."

Her parents were still getting adjusted to their daughter's new life. While they were devastated to learn what had happened, she kept some details hidden. (Y/n) didn't know how she'd bring up her never aging features, but she did mention that after Dio's death she'd never be the same. They were just glad their daughter was home. While the home was no longer filled with the same music, energy, and joy, (Y/n) made sure to never include her family in her sorrows. She couldn't bring herself to ruin his image to them, especially after what he had done to her. It was agreed with Jonathan that they wouldn't know what exactly happened the past few nights. What they didn't know wouldn't hurt them, but if they found out it would be disaster.

Everyone assumed she was grieving. The theatre was being repaired, the Joestar mansion was also being rebuilt, her lover was gone, she was nearly put in a mental hospital by the authorities from how she reacted to being questioned. It was written off when Speedwagon and Jonathan pitched in their witnesses, and to excuse her as she was still in shock about the ordeal. While it certainly worked, it only made the officers feel sorry for her.

Poor little Miss (Y/n), forever to remember the tragedy that struck her days after her engagement. Her music would be at a halt, anything she played had a sense of dread and sadness. Whatever she wore she could only do so much. It was expected that a lady was to mourn the passing of her lover for a few years, never to remarry if it reached to that level. The citizens figured she'd mourn from the tragic event for more than just a few years from how close she seemed with Lord Dio.

An observation they missed completely.

She wasn't wearing all black or dark shades to mourn entirely. Her vampirism wouldn't last if she wore any shade lighter in the sunlight. The veil covered the musician's face, forever hiding it in the shadows of her shame, somber, and regrets.

Where are you off to, (Y/n)?

The light footfalls made the vampiress tilt her head. A familiar silhouette could be seen, tophat and all.

"Miss (Y/n)!"

"Mr. Speedwagon, h-how have you been?"

She hadn't seen anyone in a while. It's been almost a week since. Jonathan stayed close to the site of his family's property to help with reconstruction. Speedwagon assisted the entire way, offering to reach out to others so they could rebuild everything at a quicker process. He even smashed the mask that started the ordeal and scattered the pieces so no one could ever find it again. What a sweet man.

"I should be asking you that. Everyone's been worried about you, miss. I've-I... I myself have been wondering where you've been," He adjusted his coat to look presentable, "Please, let me escort you around! Would you like to drop in with Mr. Joestar? He's been needing to ask you something."