Chapter 14: The Liar

"(Y/n), my love... Do you have any idea what time it is-"

"Stop! Not another word! You-You sociopath!"

It was clear that she was not taking this well. Wonder what gave that away. Didn't take a detective to figure it out. Though it would be nice if she stopped hitting Dio repeatedly, at least in his opinion. Here he was, using his arm to block the attacks as she was trying to contain herself. He wasn't going to be getting any peaceful sleep time if she kept screaming like this.

"You really don't have mental strength, don't you, my songbird?"

"Shut up!"

"That's not very nice, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) could see that he wasn't taking her seriously. Her hits were just blocked by his arm, they felt like a toddler stamping the ground when they didn't get their way. She growled, deciding to go for a slap instead.

SMACK!

...Now that one hurt...

(Y/n)'s teary eyes burned again, removing herself away from him as she curled up beside the mirror she threw on the ground. She lightly sniffled, she can't stand her own reflection anymore. But that was all she could look at. That was her. That was the new her.

Dio got his way after all.

"Women...." Dio muttered under his breath, only to change his tune when (Y/n) shot a glare at him, "I mean, woman, how do you expect me to react when you were the one impaled and bleeding to death in my arms?! Did you not think for a second to consider how I felt?!"

"It always has to go back to you, the GREAT DIO! He could do no wrong because everything HAS to go his way!" (Y/n) sarcastically remarked, fed up with his selfishness, "It's not like YOU weren't the one giving out the orders to find me! To LIE to me! To KILL me! YOU killed me, Dio! Not that villager lady! She was under YOUR control!"

Running a hand through his irritated head, Dio had to step closer to make sure she wasn't going to do anything stupid like last time. He tried to be reasonable, but this was just ridiculous. (Y/n) was never this stubborn...Was she? Perhaps being fueled by rage and anger could turn anyone into this beast of a breakdown. It didn't help that she was believing everything he was saying.

Granted he pretty much lied to her about almost everything... But his love for her was very much real. She was blind if she couldn't see that.

"(Y/n), how could I even expect that to happen?!" Dio bickered back, "What was I supposed to do?! Let you die?!"

"I came back a monster! Don't you know what you've done?!" She cried, "My career is over! My future is gone! I don't want to murder people or anything just for blood when I'm hungry! I'll never be able to see my family! My friends!"

Dio raised a brow when he didn't hear him being included in any of those plans. Admittedly he felt a sting to his chest. Family? They could be a family! Friends? What friends did she need that was more important than her? Jojo? She'd never have a chance to begin with.

"You have enhanced strength, hearing, speed... You're resilient, you can regenerate and heal quicker than a measly human. You won't age, so you'll be beautiful for all eternity... You can do so many things as a vampire, at the cost of the sun being taken away but you were never a daytime gal anyways, my dear," He sat on the bed, gesturing to her to join him, "If anything you should be thanking me for blessing you with so many abilities. Now you'll never have to worry about your hands getting weakened."

(Y/n) returned his offer with a look of disgust. Her head shook, sitting herself down on the floor again by the mirror. She sniffled to herself. What he called blessings was a curse. She was immortal, forever young, yes... But that meant she had to watch those around her age and pass. She'll never be able to feel the warmth of the sun during the evening, ones she cherished when she was human. She'll never be able to feel free with her new strengths, as one touch could hurt a person beyond repair if she wasn't careful.