Matsushita

I entered an almost square box, the doors of which soon closed. Fortunately or unfortunately, Matsushita, my classmate, managed to jump into the elevator to me at the last moment. She was breathing heavily, as if she had been actively running recently.

– Phew...

– Are you okay?

I asked not only out of politeness, but also out of interest. After all, it might be useful to know what happened to her. In any case, it took her about fifteen seconds to even out her breathing. The elevator was still going up, seemingly slower than usual.

– Yes.. I'm... fine...

She looked at me and firmly poked me in the chest with her finger.

– I've been running after you all this time and calling out to you, but you didn't stop! Moreover, you haven't even lost your breath.

I was really in a hurry to get to my room, I needed to think about some important things urgently. I just managed to meet that person. It was, to put it mildly, unpleasant. I just wanted to go to a place that I could call my home and relax.

– Sorry, I was really in a hurry.

– I see... You seem to be well trained. I guess you could always run like at a sports festival?

– Who knows...

Suddenly, the elevator, which was moving slowly, stopped completely, and the light turned off.

– W-what...???

Matsushita was immediately worried. In principle, I was also in a similar state of affairs, although I'm not sure that any emotion could be noticed on my face.

– Looks like electricity shut down.

I calmly turned on my phone, and a little later, the flashlight built into it. Matsushita repeated her actions after me in this regard, after which we just shone in all directions like a couple of idiots.

– Shouldn't there be an emergency power supply in the elevator?

Usually, in medical institutions, generators are even provided for such a case, so that everything is in order in any situation. I didn't know anything related to doing business at this school, but right now we were definitely without any electricity.

– In fact, yes, but, apparently, the problem is even with him.

– Then I'll try to call.

When she dialed the number on the phone and pressed it to her ear, I heard the beeps. These beeps lasted two seconds at most, and then the voice message began to say at a fast pace that all the lines were busy.

– What?!

– It looks like a lot of people have already called.

If the phone line is busy, then probably a lot of students are not themselves right now on where to call and what to do. This is the behavior of a herd of animals. After all, all humans are animals in their essence and nature.

– Damn it...

– By the way, why did you run after me?

It wasn't the best time for such a thing, but still there was nothing else to do. I already experienced something like this once when I stayed in the elevator with Ibuki for a while. To be honest, the experience was not the best. Although Matsushita is clearly a better version of the interlocutor than Ibuki.

– And you're asking that now?

– There's nothing we can do anyway. But it's quite within our power to talk.