Chapter 2

"Erya," Rew repeated. "Very pretty. Can you remember anything else?"
Memories came after she asked. There was a flash of light, the glint of shattered glass and screaming-

Erya withdrew, turning from her piercing gaze.
"No."

"I'm sorry." She stepped back. "I'm sure your memories are troubling you. They'll come back with time."

"Yes." she agreed, at a loss for words.

"Come," she extended an arm. "I'll show you around."

The castle was a make of great stone bricks and vastly tall trees, coughing out black smoke at its black-topped spires. As Erya and Rew paced along the well plated path around the castle, it reminded her of a great dragon. The memory came then, fingers to scales and laughter. It was gone within the same second it came.

"And this is our garden. Our servants use them often to prepare all kinds of delicious suppers." They entered a large field of plants and herbs, occupied by people bustling about with baskets and buckets. These must be the servants. She noted from the way that the people nodded or curtsied as they passed them.

"It's huge."

"Not as huge as my stomach. I could eat this whole garden."

"Really?"

Rew turned to look at her then and the desire to look away became stronger.

"Of course not." She grinned, the light of the sun catching on her curling dark hair. "A woman must limit her eating so that she may remain beautiful to the human eye." she said although Erya felt that it sounded more routine than genuine.

"I suppose." And looked away at the garden again, trying to calm her breathing but she saw a glimpse of something amongst the green. A flash of red and blue. She felt something emanating from the odd thing, a warmth dancing along her arms, tracing along the hairs on her neck. Magic. She did not know how she knew this but she knew it was not a threat. For now.

"Are you hungry?" Rew's blue eyes and wicked smile came into her vision, the look of concern evident behind her eyes. She must have been looking in that direction for awhile. "The cooks have some bread we can nibble on until supper."

Erya's stomach growled in response. As her face heats up, Rew can only smile wider.

"Let's go."

——————-
Hello! Hope you guys are doing well. What did you think of the chapter? What did you like about the characters? Updates coming every Wednesday and Friday!