Chapter 5

"So I was brought back to be his wife?"

"Not exactly," She said. "Just a love interest."

Erya recalled the squealing from the girls, watching enviously as they'd watched her dance with him.

"He is not hard on the eyes. It is not hard for him to find a wife."

Erya looked at her Reviver and felt there was no one else more beautiful in the moonlight.

"You shall have it then," she scowled. "I will pretend to love your prince."

"He can be quite charming, you know." She touched the stone. "You might actually fall for him."

"Perhaps." She said with a straighter posture then before. Without another word she went back inside the stone castle and embraced the clamor of people that followed.

As Erya stepped back into the stone castle, she was enveloped once again by the clamor of people bustling about. The air was thick with excitement, anticipation, and whispers of the prince's impending arrival.

She moved through the grand hallways, her steps measured and purposeful, as if she were preparing for a role in a grand theatrical performance. Everywhere she looked, there were servants scurrying to and fro, preparing for the lavish banquet that would mark the prince's return.

As she reached her chambers, Erya couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered within her. The words of the Reviver echoed in her mind, reminding her of the delicate dance she was about to partake in. Pretending to love the prince seemed like a daunting task, especially when her heart belonged to another.

Yet, she knew the importance of her role in this elaborate game of courtship. The fate of her kingdom rested on her ability to play the part of the dutiful bride-to-be, to win the prince's affections and secure a powerful alliance for her people.

Taking a deep breath, Erya banished her doubts and fears to the recesses of her mind. She would do whatever it took to protect her kingdom, even if it meant sacrificing her own happiness in the process.

As the hours passed and the anticipation grew, Erya found herself swept up in a whirlwind of preparations. Dresses were fitted, jewels were adorned, and hair was styled to perfection. She watched herself transform in the mirror, her reflection a vision of grace and beauty.

Finally, the moment arrived. The doors to the grand hall swung open, and the prince made his grand entrance, resplendent in his royal attire. Erya forced a smile onto her lips as she greeted him, her heart pounding in her chest.

As the night wore on, Erya danced with the prince, their movements graceful and elegant. She listened to his charming words and laughter, his smiles bright and infectious. And for a fleeting moment, she allowed herself to believe that maybe, just maybe, there could be something real between them.

But as the night drew to a close and the prince bid her farewell, Erya couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that settled in the pit of her stomach. She knew that beneath the facade of smiles and laughter, there lay a truth that threatened to unravel everything she had worked so hard to protect.

As she retreated to her chambers once more, Erya vowed to tread carefully in the treacherous waters of courtly politics. For in a world where alliances were forged and broken with the turn of a phrase, she knew that her greatest strength lay in the power of her own heart.