prologue

All copyrights of this book are credited to me so please don't repost🚫it.

Past days

Pratiksha Rajput

Age: 20

Age: 20

A simple and innocent girl, who doesn't know how bad this world can be.

She has a friend with whom she shares every little secret and it was Sankit, the only secret sankit doesn't know is he's been her crush for the past 3 years.

Pratiksha pov

It's a pretty evening and here I am waiting for my crush who's also my best friend sankit to text me after his 2 months. I don't know why he ghosted me alot nowadays. This literally our 4th fight of the month, I mean why can't he just understand that he's hurting me, and destroying my mental health.

 This literally our 4th fight of the month, I mean why can't he just understand that he's hurting me, and destroying my mental health

My journals are filled with him, it's all about him.

"The day he said we both are friends and the day we got into an argument. The days when he starts ghosting me for no reason. The days he tells me I am being mean, the days he can't even handle my hormonal mood swings and the days he starts to play the victim card. Sometimes I don't even know this guy.

But it's okay, right? We are friends, if being apart from me helps him then it's okay, not as a crush but he's my best friend, I can tolerate this, not for my but for his sake.

As she thinks this to herself
But deep down she knows how this guy affecting her mental health.

*ON TEXT*

Sankit:

Hi!

Pratiksha:

Oh! Hi!
So how are you doing

Sankit:

Nothing yr, I am just feeling bored

Pratiksha

Oh, why so?

Sankit:
IDK what about you share something, I am bored

Pratiksha :

Why will I?
When I asked you to help me durin my hard times. You just brushed it off

Sankit:

Come on yr pratiksha, entertain me, I am seriously bored. You're again continuing that topic. See that's why i ghosted you!

Pratiksha :

You know what, I am not sharing anything and I'll not talk to you again.
*She was not serious about the last sentence*

Sankit:

Dude, what did I do this time?!

Pratiksha :

You ask me, What did you do? It's always like this, you first leave me like this with a message that you need time. You never meet me, and you've changed IDK what gotten into you sankit.

You know right we are friends for freakin 3 years and you always left me on read whenever I text you, you replies after weeks sometimes months . There's a limit to my tolerance. We were so happy as we were both friends but now it's all got ruined, this friendship and also my mental health.

You always told me that you'll not do this again but you never respect my request and always ghost me for days to days to months to months

You're disrespecting my demands and also me.

You always come to me when you got bored and then again you go back to your life.

Sankit:
I am sorry pratiksha, I never thought you'd be this hurt by me, you said that it was all because of me, and now I am feeling guilty. I tried to talk to you every time but I was so busy that I can't be able to text you back or call you or meet you pratiksha, I can't be able to message you 24/7 right? And please if you don't want to talk then don't , but don't let me be in this guilt and tell me I played with your feelings, which, I'll never pratiksha.

Pratiksha:

You were so busy that you can't be able to text back for months?
Stop lying sankit. How come anyone can't be able to message for months?

Sankit:
Arey yr, I was busy like seriously and I am sorry this will never be going to happen please accept my apology. Aren't you, my friend?

Pratiksha

Hmm, okay.
So how's your break, was it good? What did you do all these months?
*She asked full of curiosity *

Sankit:
Omg! Pratiksha, it was really good

I spent some time with my college friends, we go on a trip. Some of the girls also asked me for my number, they were so beautiful. Isn't it cool?

Pratiksha:
Hmm, it is cool
* that last sentence has broken her heart into thousands of pieces.

And then he starts telling her about how the trip and all.

*After 1 month he went back to his ghosting stage.*

Sankit:
Hey! I'll not be able to talk I've some work here. Hope you ain't going to be mad again like you always do.

Again he did, and this broke her apart she waited a month but there was no reply or call from his side and now she has grown up she now knows this become toxic for her, her 1st crush was actually toxic. Every page of her journal said to leave him and move on but her heart can't do this. At last, this hurts her soul.

he changed this friendship into a situationship which only beneficial to him,by the help of manipulation and me getting trapped into this vicious cycle again and again from past 3 years