Chapter 3: Help

"You think it's okay leaving the enemy at Flower Fruit Mountain?"

"Huh?"

I had my back faced to Wukong's back, staring at flower Fruit mountain as it slowly faded out of view. My mind could only think of what happened. Was this even real? The Monkey King himself was now on my side? I turned my head slightly to the left, staring down at the cloud.

"Well, It's my home, l don't want that kid doing anything bad there." Wukong explained.

"It'll be fine." I spoke quickly.

Wukong didn't reply. The two of us sat in silence for a moment.

"So...what exactly is going on?" He asked.

I stared at what looks like an endless sea. The shinning sun reflecting light on the water.

"What's going on?"

"Yeah, like...why is there a kid pretending to be my successor? Why you know him? Etc etc?" He replied, curious as to what had just happened.

It's not like I could blame him, but the questions were a bit annoying.

"It's a long story. How about you tell me what you know first?"

Wukong was quiet for a few seconds.

"I was chilling on Flower Fruit Mountain. I was a bit bored so I decided to do some meditation. Then I suddenly woke up to see the random kid holding me and you standing close by."

That felt underwhelming, I was hoping for some more info on what time period he thought It was.

"So...you gonna tell me that long story you spoke about? I have eternityyyy!" He leaned on me with a big smile.

I groaned in response, my shoulders slowly raising as he crushed me with his back. "Alright! Alright! Calm down you idiot!"

The two of us flew through the skies as I thought up a lie for him.

"MR. TANG! PIGSY! MEI! SANDY! ANYONE!"

I quickly made my way through town. After what had just happened to The Monkey King, I had to tell someone. There were stares all around me, whispers of the blood dripping down my dusty clothes. I ran down the street and spotted Pigsy's noodles.

"PIGSY! HELP!" I screamed, running down to the entrance.

I slammed open the door, making sure everyone around would hear. I noticed the usual, Tang eating some noodles, Pigsy cooking, Mei playing some games, and Sandy drinking tea. Tang, Mei, and Sandy turned to me in shock. Their mouths dropped at the sight of my condition.

"Would ya quiet down kiddo?! I'm tryin'a cook he-"
Pigsy screeched once he turned around.

"I NEED YOUR HELP! The Monkey King likes Macaque- and he doesn't remember me- and he thinks I'm evil- now he flew off with Macaque and I have no idea where they are!-"

"Calm down, Mk!" Tang interrupted. "Can you repeat yourself, this time a bit...slower?"

I noticed Pigsy, Sandy, and Mei talking in the background. Mei quickly ran upstairs. Then Sandy walked over towards me.

"How about you sit down, Mk. You're really hurt right now." He spoke softly, guiding me to sit down.

Slowly, I sat down in the nearby chair. I took a few deep breaths so I could clearly explain what happened. Mei returned with a bunch of medical equipment. Sandy started treating my wounds as Mei ran to sit by me.

"So, you know how Macaque and The Monkey King aren't exactly on good terms?" I brought up nervously.

Everyone nodded, almost as if they knew bringing the two together to reconcile was a terrible idea.

"So...since they used to be friends, I thought maybe I could give them a little push? To get them to make up with each other and stuff..." I explained.

Mei leaned her head to the side. "And you thought that was a good idea because.....?"

My face went red with embarrassment. "Well- I dunno! We defeated The Lady Bone Demon and it felt like a new beginning, y'know? So maybe Macaque and The Monkey King could have a fresh start?"

The room was filled with disappointment.

Sandy raised his hand. "So what exactly happened? You did get them to meet, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but The Monkey King wasn't having it." I placed my hand behind my head.

The group leaned in, invested in the story.

"He kinda just went into meditation-"

"Ohhh boy... I can see where this is going." Tang pushed his glasses up, peering to Pigsy.

Pigsy shared the same expression.

"Macaque wanted to leave but I didn't let him, so we fought!" I lifted my hands up in a fight position, but immediately winced back from the pain. "We kinda bumped into The Monkey King. When he woke up, he thought Macaque was his friend, and completely forgot about me-"

"Called it." Tang smiled as he waved his hand around.

"Called what?" Mei turned to him with confusion.

Tang let out a confident laugh. "Well you see dear friends, this isn't the first time The Monkey King broke!"

"Back when we got separated while looking for the Rings of Samadhi, I gave The Monkey King The Chaos Ultra Ghost Pepper of Doom while he was in Meditation. In doing so he lost his memories, and thought he was his past self." Pigsy explained, waking out from the back of the counter.

The three of us were in shock, somehow Tang, Pigsy, and The Monkey King haven't brought it up once.

"AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL US?!" Mei shouted, exploding with green fire.

We all jumped from shock.

"Well, at the time it didn't seem all too important..." Tang expressed, looking away as he rubbed his neck.

The room went silent for a few seconds.

"Wait, so how did you fix him? He was normal when we saw him, so how did he switch back?" I asked, hoping for a solution.

Pigsy sat on a stool. "Tang kinda just hit em with a giant rock. Amnesia Rules and all."

Sandy, Mei, and I blinked at each other with bewildered faces. We turned back to the two, still with the same expression.

"That's it?" Mei asked, lifting her arm slightly up.

"Yeah? What, we're ya expecting us to find? Some ancient magical power that turns him back to normal?" Pigsy replied, slightly annoyed.

The room fell into another silence. Once again the three of us turned to each other and turned back to Pigsy and Tang.

"Of course not, not everything has to do with really cool looking ancient relics-"

"I mean a little, it has to do with Monkey King so-"

"Yes."

"So we just have to hit him with a rock?" I spoke, slightly wincing from the medical treatment.

"Yeah, I think. Well it's gonna be kinda hard since he's on the opposing side." Tang mentioned.

"Then it's settled." I jumped off the seat and turned it in the opposite direction so the back faced towards Pigsy and Tang. I set my right foot on top the seat and lifted my arm forward, slightly upwards. "We're gonna save The Monkey King by crushing him with a rock!"

For a few seconds I stayed in that position. Then I remembered I had very bad wounds and my body was literally bleeding out. I whispered "ow" over and over to myself as the pain consumed my body again. Maybe that wasn't my best move, but thankfully Sandy helped me sit back down.

"So what's the plan, Mk?" Mei asked with excitement.

What was the plan? We didn't exactly know where Macaque lived. I took a deep breath, thinking back on everything.

"We'll find them. I don't know exactly how yet...but we'll find them."

"Very reassuring, Mk." Sandy added.

I replied. "Thank you."