Chapter 10: Nezha

Despite living in the same room, despite working as a team, despite being best friends...

I curled up in my bed staring down at my arm. For the past hour I had been staring at my injury. My right arm kept a hold on my wounded arm.

"IF YOU EVER MENTION MY GLAMOUR AGAIN THEN I'LL-"

I clenched my fists and closed my eyes. I could only think of the fear I felt gazing in Macaque's bloodthirsty eyes. The bleeding continued shortly after the incident. There were blood stains on the bed as well.

Somehow I was still shaking, somehow I was still scared just thinking about Friends don't hurt each other, of course they have fights every now and then...but...

Maybe I was too much. Whatever he's hiding under that glamour isn't some joke. I shouldn't have teased him.

Besides, Mac wouldn't hurt me intentionally. He was probably just mad.

I turned my head over my shoulder to see the other in bed like I was.

Yeah, we'll be back to normal in no time.

"Alright! Operation S.T.E.M. was a bust. Anyone have any ideas on our next move?"

The gang had arrived back at Pigsy's noodles around an hour later completely worn out. Both Mei and I were sat down in chairs. Sandy treated us with Mo stuck on his shoulder, looming over with worry. Pigsy and Tang were by our sides, examining Sandy's work.

"Look Mk, I know ya want to help the Monkey King but maybe we shouldn't go after them so quickly. We're too weak to go up against the both of them right now." Pigsy stated. "And I was really scared for ya kid, you were- are badly hurt."

I furrowed my eyes and clenched my fists. "But we can't let Macaque do this! If what you said is true, Tang, he sees Macaque as his only friend. Not even his old companions on his Journey to the West! We have no chance at gaining his trust. The only thing we can do now is take him by force." I tried explaining, my face felt hot as tears appeared in my eyes. "The sooner we have him, the sooner we could get his memories back! Besides, Macaque wouldn't expect us to go after The Monkey King as soon as we lost!"

Pigsy noticed the reason behind my idea, but couldn't agree. "Mk, I know ya care about Ta Monkey King, but goin in without a plan won't help! We have no clue where they are, we have no clue what's there, and if ya go you'll just get hurt again!" Pigsy put his arms in the air. "We need a different plan! Maybe there's something at The Monkey Kings place? Or maybe we need help from another immortal god like being-"

"What about Prince Nezha?"

The gang all stared at Tang.

"I mean, he is pretty powerful." Mei added.

"Against The Monkey King though?" I turned to Mei, remembering the last time Nezha and The Monkey King went head to head. It didn't exactly end well for Nezha.

"I mean, they weren't in terrible terms at his point in history. If anything, Nezha might be the only other person he could trust, other than Macaque of course." Tang raised his voice, pushing his glasses up.

"So we just find Mr. Nezha and take him to The Monkey King?" Sandy asked.

We all looked at each other.

"I guess?" Mei replied.

"We need a better plan! Sure, we can get the Nezha guy, but do we even know where he is?!" Pigsy stated.

Mei was finished up with her treatment so Sandy then turned to me. He stretched a little before sitting back down again.

"He's probably in The Celestial Realm. Last time we saw him was around the campfire after The Lady Bone Demon was defeated." Tang placed his elbow on his knee, his face leaning on his right hand.

I smiled, feeling determined. I wouldn't let the Monkey King go again.

"Then let's head to the Celestial Realm!"

The team agreed, shouting "Yeah!" In unison.

As they all started talking about how they should rest up first, the shadow of a nearby object suddenly came to life. It had a glowing purple smile, the pitch black shadow only lit it up more. It zoomed out of Pigsy's noodles, straight to a familiar warehouse.

That was when Macaque heard about their plan of recruiting Nezha. He had to act quickly, but he couldn't face Wukong, not yet. He had to wait, at least until tomorrow.

Not tonight.

He couldn't face him tonight.

The next morning, Macaque had noticed how silent Wukong had been. He hadn't woken Macaque up, he hadn't talked to Macaque the whole morning, and even worse, he tried making no eye contact at all. The whole time he would be focused on his own things, playing with his staff, or staring at the floor.

Before, this would've been a blessing for Macaque. However, after what happened yesterday, it was like a punishment. He wasn't sure if it was the right time to mention Mk and the others. However, he decided to suck it up, they were going after Nezha and he couldn't allow that.

Wukong sat on his bed, twirling his staff around like a little kid. Macaque slowly went up to him.

"Wukong."

"Macaque...I uh-"

"Mk and his friends are looking for Nezha."

Wukong's eyes widened once he heard those words.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Let's get a move on."