Chapter 11: No lies

As Macaque started walking off, I ran up to him with an idea. If I got to Nezha and told him to beware about the MK kid myself, Mac wouldn't even have to worry.

"Hey, you don't have to lift a finger- I'll get Nezha myself!" I said happily.

His eyes widened, almost immediately I went on my way.

"I'll fix this! Be right back!" I shouted with my thumbs up, already ontop my cloud and flying off.

"Dammit- WUKONG!" I heard Mac scream out.

Once I arrived, Nezha was fortunately at the front. He was talking to another celestial. They spotted and pointed to me. Once Nezha spotted me, he went ballistic. I gave him a wide smile, pretending what happened last time didn't even occur.

"Heyyyyyy...Nezha-"

"I swear, you better give back those peaches or you are so DEAD-"

"I mean I can't die- but hey! I can do the first thing if you want." I replied casually. "Not right now though, I came to warn you about a certain thing. Y'know how I just woke up from a sleeping enchantment?"

Nezha looked at me confused, it was as if I was speaking another language.

"No-"

"Well, the one who placed that curse under me was this guy called Mk. He wanted to get rid of me, and he did! However, Macaque got me out of that enchantment! He woke me up from that spell and then the kid and I fought. But he also had my staff so he got away with it- but then we met like a day or so after, fought him and his team! I got my staff, Mac and I defeated them, but now they want help. That's where you come in!-"

"Okay-okay- first of all, Mk doesn't know any enchantments like that. He has your powers." Nezha replied with a confused look, grabbing onto my shoulders.

I looked at him confused, Nezha was never one to joke. So was it a lie? Was he trying to trick me? Or... is what he was saying the truth?

I averted my eyes to the floor, wondering- thinking about the situation. I was panicked at the thought, my best friend had lied? Mac lying to me?

I turned back to Nezha puzzled.

"Also, Mk isn't...evil-"

"Heyyy- Nezha-" A familiar voice spoke. I felt hands grab onto my arm and grip me backward.

Macaque launched in front of me, still holding onto my body. He kept me far away as he whispered. For a few minutes the two spoke, and then Macaque pat my back and wrapped his arm around my neck.

"Right! Time to head back Wukong! Let's go!" He said happily.

I turned back to Nezha, who had been staring at us with a serious, yet confused glare.

"Hey!" Mac lowered his voice slightly as he spoke. He grabbed my face and yanked it towards himself. "Cloud, now. Let's go."

I kept my mouth shut, it didn't feel right to ask about it.

I remained silent when we got back to the warehouse. Macaque was silent as well, but shot glares at me while doing so. I rested on my bed while Macaque sat down in a chair. After a few minutes, I decided to speak.

"So what was that about?" I had a slightly angered tone to my voice.

"What was what?"

"Oh I don't know!- lying to me?! Whispering to Nezha?! All of that?!" I got up from my bed, turning to Macaque with frustration.

"I never lied to you!" Macaque got up.

I laughed. "Oh! What about that kid having my powers?! He was never able to cast that sleeping enchantment on me, was he?! He was always using my powers against me- why was I so blind!?-"

Mac's eyes widened, he looked away for a few seconds and then cleared his throat.

"Wukong, this is a misunderstanding...I assumed he was the one who did it because he was with you when I got there!"

"Nezha said Mk wasn't evil!-"

"Nezha's on their side!"

I paused, dropping my guard slightly.

"I could tell, Mk already got to Nezha before we did." He spoke with a calmer voice.

I got a bit closer, fidgeting with my hands a bit.

"So...no lies?"

Macaque, despite being a bit cold before, smiled.

"No lies."

I returned the smile, despite the cautious feeling inside.

I stared off into the sunset thinking about the events of today. It was quite strange despite all of the previous skirmishes I've had in the past. I closed my eyes and thought back to what Macaque had said to me.

I could only remember the menacing look in his eyes as he noticed Wukong and I speaking.

"Heyyy- Nezha-" Macaque grinned as he grabbed Wukong and pushed him away from the conversation. "Don't mind him...he's been hallucinating. Saying the craziest things, that Wukong. Don't worry about us, I'll get him back to normal soon."

"And if Mk comes around, he's hallucinating too! I know, crazy right? His gang think playing along would be the best medicine, so they're doing that. Anyway, I have to get this idiot outta here. Don't worry though, everything will be alright. Just stay here and do what you do best!"

I thought maybe if I ignored what happened, I wouldn't have to deal with another crazy adventure. However, as I thought about it, I realized how serious the situation was.

"Macaque and Wukong would never willingly hang out..."

It was settled, there was no way Macaque and Wukong would give answers. Thankfully, there was another side to the story I could turn to. People I wasn't as familiar with, but somehow could trust more.

I had to find Mk.