Chapter 9: Couldn't Face Him

I quickly broke free from Macaques shadows. Tired, I fell to the floor to take a deep breathe.

"Mk! You okay?!" Mei shouted worryingly, staring down at me.

I groaned, holding my stomach. "Yeah, I'm good...let's get you out of that." I smiled slightly, using my power to get her out.

We both looked around for Macaque, worried if the operation went according to plan. A few steps forward and we felt as if time stood still. Wind blew in our faces, and we both shut our eyes immediately. My headband almost went undone and Mei's hair lifted upwards. Immediately we knew who it was, what we didn't expect was the addition. Both Macaque and The Monkey King were together, sitting on a cloud. Slowly the two stepped off.

"Monkey King!"

"Give me back my staff."

My grip on the staff got tighter, sweat dripped from my face as I stared into The King's determined eyes.

"Do you think he'll believe anything you say?! You can't hurt my friend anymore!" Macaque said confidently, holding his staff like a cane.

I got confused. "Hurt?! All I want is to-"

"First you try to kill him back at Flower Fruit Mountain, and try to deceive him. Second you try to steal his staff. Then third, you got your friends to trick him into lowering his guard!"

I was stunned at the accusation Macaque made. I had never done those things, well...at least the first two. Most of what Macaque was saying was a lie, so why is it that The Monkey King believed him? Why is it that The Monkey King looked at him with those piercing eyes.

"Both of you are hurt and your friends failed! You have no chance defeating us." Macaque stated.

As I held close to my stomach, I winced. "Maybe...but that won't stop me from trying!"

I made a bunch of clones and jumped to attack. However, The Monkey King simply snapped his fingers, and a huge golden wave poofed my clones. I was revealed, and panicked slightly. As I attacked, The Monkey King dodged and countered it, sending me back to the wall. My back crushed against the debris, aching from the pain. It usually would hurt as much as It does, maybe it was just the power of The Monkey King. Mei rushed to my side.

"Mk! I'm sorry but...we can't defeat them alone!" She explained.

I looked at her with worried eyes. "B-But- The Monkey King! We can't leave him!" I turned to said person to notice his confused expression.

"I know we're usually like- yea we can do anything! But right now we're facing Macaque and The Monkey King!"

"Mei, we defeated The Lady Bone Demon and saved him before. We can do it again." I responded.

Macaque groaned, summoning a bunch of shadows. "Enough talk!"

Mei jumped into action, attacking the opposed.

"Mei! Mk!" Tang shouted, running towards us with Pigsy, Sandy, and Mo. "Let's go! We need a new plan!"

Mei was hit, rolling onto the floor in pain.

"W-We can't leave him! Not after we just found him again!"

Suddenly The Monkey king appeared behind me and punched me straight in the face. I suddenly lost my grip on the staff as I fell, noticing the blood spill from my nose. Quickly, The Monkey King snatched the staff off the ground and walked over back to Macaque. The two snickered, amused at the gang's defeat. Both Mei and I remained on the ground, struggling to get ourselves up.

Sandy ran to Mei's side, clutching her in his arms. He was worried, trying to be delicate so she wouldn't get hurt anymore. Blood streamed down about half her face. Her back was covered in bruises and cuts and her breathing staggered. Mo followed and jumped onto Sandy's shoulders. He let out a sad meow, concerned for Mei.