Mama's Gun

Trigger warning for a very toxic, very one sided relationship. The characters are both 23, for any idea of how old they are.

Lucio curled around her, a sweet smile on his face. His wife. He appreciated her a lot. She was with him through thick and thin, she was there for him when nobody else was. A loyal lover, too. They were happy together, married, with two kids already. Twins. It was adorable, from the outside perspective. It reminded Lucio of his family that he had, before it went to shit. Or what he could remember of them, the good parts.

He ran a hand through her hair. She was blonde, like him. She had green, not blue, eyes, unlike his. Her hair was curly, unlike his. She had a smile that radiated most rooms, unlike his. Then again, he never smiled. Even now, while he was in the dream scenario, he rarely smiled. Even now, at this very moment, he didn't smile, instead having a neutral expression on his face as he traced her's with his hand, memorizing everything about her. She always smiled, unlike he did. Nobody did things like he did, not really. There was always a layer of humanity that he simply never had, the ability to feel something that wasn't for himself, and even those were rare. That wasn't irritation towards others. She felt compassion, trust, love. He felt none of those.

He traced her face with his hand, mesmerized on how anyone could be so at ease with another, who could be so in love. He thought it was cute, but foolish. It mimicked his old family, not the adopted one, almost perfectly. That's what made it amusing. He didn't have the heart to tell her that he could give less of a shit about her, that he never would feel a deep connection. This entire marriage and relationship was the work of one potion, and that was where it ended. It was an easy solution to something that would usually be a difficult problem in the first place for Lucio.

She had her eyes closed, and she was asleep, breathing gently. She leaned against him, blissfully unaware of all the planning that went into this. She was young, still very dumb, and oblivious to most things around her, including Lucio's true nature. He liked people, but only because they were like dogs in the way they were loyal, obedient. Not to say that he wasn't a cat person, but one was much easier to work with than the other. One was for when he wanted an actual conversation, and one was if he needed something done.

He'd be a dog person for now, sure. But for how long? Lucio didn't know. He'd be willing to stick it out until he couldn't, for the perfect family and illusion of one. What was stronger than his irritation for others? His drive towards the perfect life. A mother, a father, two well adjusted kids. The nuclear family. He had it all, and he'd keep it up. The only problem is that she talked so much, he wasn't sure if he could. The yapping would be a hazard eventually. He'd have to put her down.