Chapter 3 - At the airport

When Hopper woke up, he realized that Joyce wasn't here anymore. "Joyce?" he shouted, but instead of Joyce, Murray came behind the big box. "Yeah, I understand that you miss her and love her and everything, but she went with the Russian guy and try to find us a car." Murray said to him. "Why did you let her go without telling me?" Hopper asked and get up fast, Murray looked a little bit confused "Well why wouldn't I, if we can find a car, we can go to the airport, and from there we can go home." "Are you sure that she'll be okay?" Hopper asked. "She's Joyce, she'll be okay wherever she is." Murray answered trying to calm him down.

*at Joyce and Enzo*
They had walked about an hour, they hadn't talked much. "I need to ask you something, what is exactly going on between you and Jim" Enzo asked after a while. "Well, Hop is one of my closest friend, and he has been here for me when I had a little bit hard time in my life." Joyce said while walking in the snow. "So, there is nothing romantic between you two?" Enzo asked, looking little bit confused. "No, why?" Joyce asked, Enzo looked at her and shake his head "Just wondering."

"Look! There is a little store over here!" Joyce said and stopped walking. "So what? Are going like steal a car or something?" Enzo asked her sarcastically, he saw Joyce looking pretty serious "Joyce? Don't tell me that you are going to steal someones car?" he kept asking. "It's not exactly stealing, we are just gonna borrow it, we have done this with Hopper once, trust me it's going to be okay." Joyce said and went to some stranger woman. "Hey excuse me, what's your name?" Joyce asked politically, and Enzo tried to figure out that what the hell is she doing. "My name is Amy, why?" the woman answered to her. "Listen, I am a detective Joyce Byers, and this is my partner Enzo" Joyce told to Amy, and Enzo were even more confused "Listen, we really need to find one russian.. child murderer.. man named Alexei." she continued. "Okay, but what is this anything to do with me?" Amy asked as confused as Enzo. "Well, we just saw he's car driving past, and it would be amazing if we can borrow your car." Joyce told her, Amy looked even more confused "Sure, but why you don't have your own car?" she asked. Enzo saw that Joyce started to panic, so he did what he must to "He broke it last night, we are little busy so please, give us a car keys and you phone number so we can tell you where to get your car, it will take a couple days." he said. Amy gave then keys and her phone number, "Thank you so much" Joyce said and gave her a little bit cash. "Now drive." She said to Enzo when they finally get into the car.

*back at Murray and Hopper*
"When will they come back?" Hopper asked and started to panic. "Jim, just calm down, they'll come when they found a car" Murray said. "But what if they don't find the car and they are on the-" Hopper started, but he heard a car coming to outside of storage. They ran outside and saw Joyce and Enzo in the car "Look, we found a car, we can go home now" Joyce yelled from a car window. "That's great" Hopper said and smiled to Joyce's happiness.

The airport were pretty quiet, and there wasn't many people in here. "So, I'm just gonna drop you off." Enzo said when they get off the car. "Thank you.. for everything you have done for me." Hopper said and gave him a something like a hug, but not exactly a hug. "Thank you, and remember to call Amy" Joyce said with a little smile on her face. Murray and Hopper looked to each others "Do you know who is Amy?" Hopper asked him "I have no idea" Murray said. The trio started to walk away from Enzo, "I will come and visit you, American" Enzo shouted after them. "You better come" Hopper shouted to him back.

"Thank you so much" Joyce said to the lady who sold three tickets to next plane which went to California. "I think there is a phone, if you want to try call your kids again." Murray said to Joyce, who had been worried about the kids.

A/N: I'm gonna make Vecna thing over, because I personally think that Hopper and Joyce won't have a big part of it. I also think that in some point Hawkins group call to the California group so they know what it's going on, which means that California group knows everything about Venca and what happened with Max.

"Hey?" She heard a voice of Will. "Hey, it's me, mom." She said smiling to the phone. "MOM? Where have you been." Will asked a little bit worried. "I have been doing something, but I'm going home, is everything okay in here?" Joyce asked. "Well.. there was this one thing.. but it's fine now!" Will said to her, and she started to worry. "What has happened?" She asked, after that Will explained everything to Joyce, about Angela, Owen, Venca, Max, Eddie and everything. "So, you are sure that it's fine now? And El got her powers back? And the gate is closed now? And I don't have to worry about you guys?" Joyce asked, confused and scared at the same time. "El got her powers back, and you don't need to worry, we are all fine now." Will answered, and Joyce could hear the smile in his voice. "Okay great, I'm going to be home tomorrow, just one more thing, can you please back everything to the boxes, I think it's a time to move back to Hawkins." Joyce said, and heard Will happy sigh. "Of course we can, is there any reason, why now?" Will asked, but sounded really happy. "Well, let's say that I have a nice surprise when I come home." Joyce said with a big smile on her lips.

Joyce made also an other call, where she made sure that they can move back in three days, and it was okay. She walked back to the Hopper and Murray. "Hi" She said quiet to the Hopper when she realized that Murray had fallen asleep. "Hi" Hopper said back and watched Joyce to sit next to him. "We have few more hours before we need to get to plane" Hopper said to her, and Joyce realized that she's pretty tired "I think I'm gonna take a little nap, I'm tired." Joyce said, before Hopper said anything, she already put her head to Hopper's shoulder and fell asleep with a smile on her face.