Chapter 7 - THE talk

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't make this story for a while, I had so much stress because of my school works and everything so I needed to take a break from this, but now I'm trying to write like 1-2 chapters in a week!!

The rest of the drive was quiet, because Joyce had fallen asleep, Hopper tried to look at the road while he checked Joyce's beautiful face.

When they got finally to Byers, kids were already there. "What take you so long?" El asked and gave a hug to Joyce. "Oh, we needed to take a little break" She answered and put El's hair behind her ear. "You have mom's lipstick in your face" Jonathan whispered to Hopper, who quickly removed it fast. Jonathan just winked to him and laughed. "Can I go to the Max's house for night?" El asked. "Unpack your own things first, then you can go" Joyce said to her.

All the kids went to unpack thei own things, and Hopper and Joyce stared to unpack kitchen things. "We should talk about what happened in the car" Hopper finally said. "Yes we should" Joyce said and gave him a shy smile. "I need just need to be sure, was that only one moment thing, or do you really have feelings for me?" Joyce asked. "I think we both know the answer." Hopper said and looked at her. She looked so pretty in that light, in any light actually. Joyce didn't say anything, just looked at him and waited him to say something more. "Goddamn, of course I have feelings for you Joyce, I've always had. I fell for you when we were kids, but I was too scared to say anyhting. When I came back from Vietnam, my friend told me that you married Lonnie, that broke my heart. And when you broke up with him, we were friends again, but I wanted to give you space and not try to get you a new relationship. Then Will went missing, and Bob came." Hopper said and took a break to see Joyce's reaction after he mentioned Bob. "Then we became best friends, and I thought that it would be risky to our friendship to tell you how I feel. Then I.. well you know." Hopper said, and Joyce felt tears in her eyes when he even mentioned that night. "But now, I needed to tell you, you saved my life after all" Hopper said and stared at Joyce. "But why were you so mean to me while that summer?" Joyce asked. "Because I loved you, and I still do." Hopper said and smiled. "Well, you are kinda lucky because I love you too, I never realized how much before I lost you." Joyce said, and was about to continue but Hopper kissed her before that.

A/N: hiiiii, sorry I haven't write for a long time, I had a really bad time with my mental Health, but I'm now a little better so I'm gonna keep writing this. Please tell me what you liked this chaper!!