Random sneak peek

A/N: Dante belongs to Garath (Alienkiller3000 )

"Well whatever happens you have a friend here that is willing to stand by you no matter what" Thea smiles putting a hand on Dante's shoulder.

"You willing to prove that?" Dante asked standing up, Thea's hand falling off his shoulder in confusion.

"Dante?" She asked worriedly. Before anyone would blink Dante lashed out and hit Thea across the face, the force of the blow sending her to the ground.

"What the hell has gotten into you," Thea asked, almost scared for her friend.

"You said you're willing to stand by me no matter what. Time to prove it" he said coldly. This was a stark contrast to just a few minutes ago, the pair had been joking around in the car on the way back from a camping trip.

Dante took a deep breath before spreading a circle of burning purple flames, the smallest flames reached 10ft high so Thea couldn't see Dante on the other side.

But she could hear him just fine.

"If you're really willing to stand by me. Walk through the flames. They won't hurt you if you're being honest." Dante spoke. His voice was a distorted echo amongst the flames.

Thea looked to be a confusing mess at this point.

"However" he added.

Thea managed to stand up, the force of the hit had left a red mark on her face, but it was nothing compared to the injuries she was about to revive.

"If you were being dishonest when you said that, the flames will destroy you." His words would send shivers down anyone's spine.

Thea stood tall and walked towards the flames. Dante looked directly at her as she stepped into the flames.

He saw multiple flashbacks of her life so far.

The first of her mother and younger sister leaving when she looked to be around 10 years old.

A second of her dad holding her close while she cried.

Another of her has random purple rings surrounding her, she couldn't have been any older than 12.

One of her being badly bullied. One bully shoved her against a wall, she hit her head and was dazed, the bully then proceed to grab her by her feet and pull her across the rough concrete floor. When they dropped her legs she send a powerful kick toward their face completely blind. It hit them square in the jaw. A sickening CRUNCH could be heard as her heal made contact with their jawbone.

Another of her being shoved roughly into a police car along with the bully from earlier being rushed into an ambulance. She smirked at the sight of them in the ambulance. Showing no regret in her actions.

Thea screamed in pain as the flames danced around her, many touching her but not setting her alight. Instead, they just seemed to be tapping her as if to say "continue"

Dante watched with a smile on his face. This was someone he could trust with his life and secrets.

The flashbacks became more recent, in this one she looked to be around 16, still in a school uniform. Holding hands with someone a little older. A guy. He had long blonde hair falling messily to his shoulders and big round silver glasses framing his blue-grey eyes perfectly.

They looked happy together. After what looked to be 2-3 years. The pair were thriving, living together with a pet bird.

Then one day on a walk 5 people came from nowhere.

Thea managed to fight off the smaller two before she could turn to look for the boy he was being restrained by the three biggest of the five. His eyes were wide with fear as one of them rose a knife. Thea darted to stop the knife but two boys who looked younger than her grabbed her arms and restrained her until the others had stabbed the 1st boy 5 times in the chest.

Dante looked horrified at this memory, something similar had happened to him.

A lone tear rolled down his cheek, and he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder. He turned to find the person whose memories were smiling sweetly at him.

Forgetting everything he wrapped his muscular arms around her small figure. This took her by surprise but she accepted it the same.

"You big softie" she whispered into his chest.

"Shut up" he smirked. The flames dyed down allowing the pair to walk away.

Going to edit this later"You can't have him, he's from the past, and it'll mess with the space-time continuum. I'm sorry" The Doctor told Alix"Doctor just let him come back with us, one person how much harm can he do?" Eliza asked. "A lot" The Doctor replied."How so?" Alix asked"Because if you take him out of this timeline, now especially, he won't change archery forever, he won't go to the Olympics, he won't break any world records-" the doctor explained but was cut off by Alix"He won't die a slow and painful death on his 35th birthday alone in the middle of nowhere with a broken radio." Alix shot back"But without that death, the world wouldn't enhance its radio and phone networks, and it wouldn't lead to the technology you have today. Don't you see? If he doesn't become a living legend he won't die a legend." the doctor explained "Doctor i have an idea. Is there a point and time in the universe where resurrection is possible?" Eliza asked"Well yes but only one was suitable for humans, and i blew it up." the doctor explained "Can we go there before you blew it up or not?" Eliza asked. "Duh! He has a time machine!" Alix replied. "Yes i can take you there but the way it was done was very unethical, hence why i blew it up" the doctor explained"Why how did they do it?" Alix asked"They sucked out the life of whole other planets, they drained the life of a whole solar system, just to bring back the highest paying customers." the doctor replied. "That's not good but you said it was the only one?" Eliza clarified "In the whole universe," the doctor confirmed"Then we go, pay the price and bring him back" Alix ordered "He has to be dead first" the doctor reminded"Then we wait, we watch him grow and learn from him" Alix suggested"You can, I'll just jump back in my TARDIS and see you in 16 years" the doctor replied"Fine by me," Alix replied turning around to face away from the doctor"She wants to stay here, that's fine just keep away from major historical events, and anything to do with him, especially him." the doctor ordered. "Ok, i get it no mucking anything up" Alix smiled. "What about you?" the doctor asked turning to Eliza"2095 thanks, i want to spend some time with my parents and siblings" Eliza replied"And when do i pick you up?" He asked. "2100" Eliza replied "That's a while are you sure?" He questioned "Yes." She replied confidently. "To the TARDIS!" the doctor called"One more thing," Eliza replied walking up to Alix"What do you want?" Alix asked

"Look after yourself" Eliza smiled before turning and walking back to the TARDIS.  

Yeah, I just needed to get it out of my head.

It's from my upcoming "Lili" book inspired by multiple of Garath's works. Go read them they're amazing!

-Howling Mad Mayhem