The Princess and The Pirates

It's surprisingly good for something written at 1 am.

A young princess is forced to marry another kingdom's prince against her will, she escapes the night before and sneaks onto a pirate ship docked just outside of her kingdom. She spends months working her way up the ranks and draws the attention of her Captain pretty quickly.
The young princess makes her first mate within 9 months of first setting sale. This gets her closer to her Captain, who is becoming increasingly fond of her.

After 18 months at sea, the princess almost completely forgets about her old life, until she's kidnapped and healed at ransom to her parents.
Her royal father is all too keen to spend the kingdom's money to get his sole heir back safe and sound until the pirates get involved. They rescue the princess and she reveals who she truly is to them, explaining that they could simply drop her off closer to the Kingdom and she'd say she knew nothing off them in return.
Her Captain disagreed with this idea. Instead, the Captain and the princess wrote a letter to her father, the King explaining that she ran away and chose her own life and that he should find another heir.
Enraged by the letter from the princess the king sent out a reward, he'd pay anyone who would return his daughter safe and sound.
Everyone showed up to try and claim the reward money, people went after the princess herself. However after 18 months at sea, the princess had more than learned how to defend herself against anyone who wished her harm, and with the help of the Captain, she became a talented swordswoman very quickly.
The princess and the pirates had such fun fighting and looting everyone who came for her until she should have been husband showed up.
In a fit of rage and jealousy, the Captain kills the prince.
War is declared between kingdoms and the princess receives word that her parents are considering surrendering she rallies all the pirates she can find to fight on the agreement that they can keep 90% of everything they take from the enemy's ships before sinking them. After a bloody battle, the king declares a victory.
The princess and the pirates are invited to a celebratory dinner party at the palace.
All goes well until the Captain stands up and confesses their love for the princess, who returns the feelings however her parents were not pleased. To them, their precious daughter was in love with a thief and murderer with no house let alone royal connections. Annoyed by this they banished the princess and the pirates. Not that this bothered them, it was just an excuse not to stop by and see the in-laws.

-Mayhem