Grace

All night I thought about the girl at the DX and about the potential rumble. I was still slightly mad at Two-Bit for saying that girls shouldn't fight in a rumble. I can handle myself just fine.

I got up and got dressed for school. I brushed my hair and grabbed an apple for breakfast. I left the house and walked all the way to school.

The day went by slowly with classes being boring and me daydreaming while looking out the window. By lunch time I was tired of doing nothing.

I grab my tray and sit down at the table next to my friends.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hey," Cassie says giving me a quick smile.

"Anything new going on?" I ask.

"Nah. No news about the Socs and the rumble. But I did hear that the school is planning to do a spring dance. But there is also nothing official yet." He says.

"How do you know all these things before they happen?" I ask.

"I have my ways." Two-Bit says with a wink.

We left lunch and after school I left school quickly and started walking home. I wanted to see that girl from the DX. If she is still there. She obviously works there and it looked like she gets off of work when I get off of school.

I wait on the side of the road for around five minutes thinking that I am crazy and should just go home when finally I hear the DX door open.

She starts walking down the street and I catch up with her. She has light blonde hair with darker strands towards the back of her head. She has a kind smile but an intimidating stare in her eyes. She seems pretty cool.

"Hello" I say walking next to her after finally catching up.

"Oh hey," she looks at me, "were you at the DX yesterday?"

"Yeah I was going to stop bye and check up on my friends." I say.

"Oh, you are friends with my brother Steve and my best friend Soda?" She asks.

"Steve is your brother?" I exclaim. "I didn't know he has a sister!"

"Yea but he never mentions me much." The girl replies.

"What your name?" I ask.

"Grace Randle." She says and gives me a wide smile.

"And Soda is your best friend?" I ask.

"Yea, we have known each other since we were ten and me, Steve, and Soda have hung out since. When Steve and Soda dropped out I dropped out with them and now we all work at the DX." Grace says looking proud. "Why do you ask?"

"Well I went to see Steve and Soda and saw you and Soda hugging and thought maybe y'all were dating or liked each other." I say shyly.

She burst out laughing. "Nooo. Soda, he is good looking but he is my best friend. I could never like him."

I felt guilty relief inside of me and I wanted to punch myself for it.

"What did you say your name was?" Grace asks.

"Jules, my real name is Julia. But my name is Jules." I say smiling.

"Wait, you are Jules? Soda and Steve have talked about you." Grace says.

"Really what did they-" I start to ask.

"Sorry this is my turn but it was nice meeting you. And I hope we can talk and hangout more." Grace says and with a pat on my back she turns right and walks down that street.

I walk the rest of the way home and open the door to my house. I walk inside, do my homework, and decide to go on a walk.

I leave my house and walk all the way into town and go to the newspaper box. I insert my money and grab a paper. It shows the Mayor's son and Tim. Apparently Tim is in jail and the Mayor's son is still in the hospital and going to make a full recovery.

After I read what I wanted to out of the paper I put it in my pocket and remind myself to give it to Ponyboy later so he has something to read.

I walk back home and go straight to bed. I fall asleep thinking that I should never have felt any jealousy towards Grace. I don't want to be that person. And I hope that me and Grace can become better friends. Even if Soda likes her.

***Author's Notes***

Sorry for the short chapter I just needed to add these things to the story. I hope you think