BMO tattoo

I am a barista, was it my life calling? Nope! But I gotta pay the bills somehow. I just recently left my hometown and moved to Austin, Texas hoping for something? Not really sure, some opportunity I would not have had back home. But I have yet to find it and its been 3 months already so here I stand serving coffee to old folks and teenage girls.

I work the morning shift (5 am to 12:30 pm) and it is alright. Sort of busy but not packed. And working these hours does allow me to find some regular customers. It may be creepy but I do like to people watch. 

I love my regular Phillip who comes in at 5:15 every morning for a straight black coffee and some conversation. Or Beth who comes in at 11:45 and works at the attorneys office down the road. And these two teenagers that come in at 9 am and get the same thing every time, a matcha and a salted caramel creme cold brew. They don't stay long and don't ever come in when were busy so I've never gotten their names.

And today was the same Phillip came and went, Beth came and went, and then they walked in. With a new third person I'd never seen before. He had dark curly hair and was more heavyset. They walked up to my coworker and placed their order. When she had rung it in I began making it. After I finished the last drink I sat them down on the counter, it was just them and 2 other people in the store. But today I got to shout a name for their drinks. 

"Jack", I shouted placing the three drinks down. They came to collect their drinks all saying a quiet thank you or thanks as they picked them up. And then they left.

"He is so cute.", My coworker said. She was 16 and still in high school.

"Who the guy with the black hair?", I asked pointing to my own head. 

"No, the cute guy!", She said as if it was obvious. "I wonder how old he is, his name is jack hoover."

Hmm jack, didn't seem right for him. She glances around before whipping out her phone.

"You're not gonna tell Shelley if I get on my phone real fast to look him up are you?" She said to me with raised eyebrows.

"Girl I am on my phone all the time in the back, go for it." I reply mostly because I wanna know about him too. Him and his friend had been coming here for about 2 months and they were just a mystery to me. I know all my regulars and I had even memorized their drink orders so it frustrates me to not even have a name to the face. The other people in the store were on their phones so I shot her a thumbs up.

She typed for about 5 minutes before coming to stand next to me. I was wiping down the counter I had just made a mess of making their drinks.

"His name is Weston, I guess that guy is his friend who is named jack.", She said pointing to the instagram account pulled up on her phone. 

"Dude this guy has 900 thousand followers what the fuck." She tells me with a gaping mouth. "And he's 20 man this sucks."  

I chuckled at her comment. "aren't there boys at your school you like?"

"none as cute as him.", she pouted scrolling on her phone a bit more then began playing a video. I left my spot next to her to wipe down the counter opposite to me. After a bit of cleaning she comes back to me.

"Omg Jordan you gotta see this I think he's talking about me!", She said while thrusting her phone at my face. She pressed play on the video. It was "Weston" and his friend.

"Me and my sister Kalynn Koury are going to get coffee!"He said energetically then it cuts off to another clip of them now sitting in the car with the camera propped up. 

"Dink it and sink it first sip!" They say in harmony taking a drink of their drinks. 

The girl says its good then says "And Weston has a crush on our barista!"

Mandy pauses the video. "This is the part I'm talking about! It has to be me!" Mandy was definitely pretty, long brown hair and tanned skin and she was very skinny, but she also looked her age, she looked like a 16 year old girl.

"Play the rest." I said looking at her smiling. She presses play.

"What!! No I don't!", Weston protests.

"mhmm", His sister says smirking at the camera and making a suggestive face then she giggles.

"Thinking her tattoo is cool is not having a crush koury!", he shouts then it cuts to a clip of them singing in the car. I blink slowly. 

"When was that posted?", I ask Mandy.

"A week ago, ugh he wasn't talking about me", She pouts and locks her phone and tucks It away.

He may have not been talking about Mandy. But I have a tattoo. And they always come in during my shift, AND I have caught him staring at it a few times. It was a small BMO tattoo on my inner wrist I got on my 18th birthday, I don't regret it but I would definitely choose something different now. The video had 80 thousand views. That many people knew about my "cool" tattoo.

The rest of the shift went smoothly and me and Mandy were able to get out at exactly 12:30. After leaving I drove straight home. I wanted to be creepy and stalk this guy some more, I had the right! He talked about me in front of 80 thousand people . 

I typed in his name to instagram and saw his profile immediately. I clicked on it seeing his mass amount of followers. I clicked the link in his bio to his twitter where he had a few less followers and started a private message.

Jordan.2002

heard you liked my tattoo, thanks 

it was just an attempt he has lots of followers doubt he will see.