crossing the line

Waking up sweaty is never something I have enjoyed. But this morning I get to experience that feeling again.

I open my eyes slowly and take in my surroundings.

My limbs are being suffocated by another body. Westons sweaty body. His legs have mine trapped in what I can only assume is leg jail. His arms are lightly wrapped around my middle and his mouth is slightly open. I can feel his little sleepy breaths on the back of my neck.

I try to turn my head around without waking up mister sweat lodge. But I am unsuccessful, just as I am able to see his whole face his eyes open a sliver.

"sorry" I whisper. He closes his eyes again with a smile plastered on his face.

"uh Weston" I try him again.

"mm?" He mumbles.

"I gotta pee let me out" I say rushed. He lets my legs out and releases his grip on my waist. I stand up from the bed quickly and look back to him. He still has his eyes closed so I grab my phone from the night stand and fast walk out of the room.

I safely make it to the bathroom and I sit on the closed toilet to check my phone and see what time it is.

12:44

Shit. I just keep wasting the days here by sleeping.

mikylee

sleeping with him seems like crossing that friend line!!! Get it girl

he totally feels something for you

Jordan.2002
No no no no no

you and nick???

I do NOT want to cross that friend line with Weston or with anyone for that matter. I guess today will be spent getting that across.

I leave the bathroom and just go downstairs and straight to my room where I find mikylee rustling through her drawer.

"hello mrs koury" She greets me without looking up.

"im not kalynn"

"oh I know" She tells me and I can just tell she has a shit eating grin on her face.

I grumble but ultimately decide to ignore her comment. I open my drawer hastily and pull out some black denim shorts and an oversized light pink teeshirt with some random faded graphic on it and of course underwear.

I leave the room without another word to mikylee. Its not that im mad, I just want to prove to her  and myself that she is wrong. 

I head to our bathroom and turn on the shower to scortching hot. I want the water to burn away the memories and actions of last night. I do my shower routine like normal and get dressed.

I hang up my towels then get started on my hair and makeup right away. I want to be out and doing things before 1:30 today. 

I brush my hair and leave it to airdry and just do some summery makeup, sunscreen of course. Then I leave the steamy bathroom and go to the kitchen

My coffee is waiting for me. I pull it out of the fridge and take a big sip.

"hey" I hear Weston from behind me and I jump slightly.

"uh hey" I awkwardly say. Luckily kalynn comes down the stairs.

"morning guys" she giggles.

I smile at her and promptly leave the kitchen going outside. 

Jake and hooverr are already outside sitting in the deck chairs. I come up next to them and perch on the arm of jakes chair.

"hey Jordan" Jake says.

"Hey guys, what's the plan today?" 

"Couple of us are going paddle boarding if you wanna come" Hoover tells me.

I nod and just sit there listening to their conversation for a bit. 

"We're packing up the car come help." Kalynn shouts to the three of us from the sliding door. I hop off the chair and follow the two men inside. 

"So who's all going?" I ask.

"Me, Jake, kalynn, and Weston" 

nooooo. I can't be alone with him.

"you know I am actually starting to not feel well I don't think I recovered from my hangover." I tell him and gesture to my bedroom. 

"Are you sure?" Hoover asks and I nod in reply. He goes out to the driveway with Jake to pack the car. 

Then I hear the annoyingly familiar voice of Weston, "Im really excited to go paddle boarding with you. " He tells me with a small smile.

"Oh uh I'm not going anymore, don't feel so good." I explain and book it to my bedroom. I close the door swiftly behind me and see mikylee laying on the bed with a TikTok playing off of her phone. 

She looks up a little, "thought you were going to go with the rest of them" she says with little interest in her voice.

"nope I wanna be here with you guys." I tell her and sit on the edge of the bed.

She sits up with a burst of energy, "Good I thought I was gonna loose you to those guys" 

"whattt never" I lean forward and hug her. "so tell me about nick and last night"

They weren't out paddle boarding as long as I'd hoped and I was forced into many uncomfortable situations with Weston.

Like when they got back and brought dinner. He sat next to me so I got up and moved next to askel as subtle as possible.  Or when they cracked open some beers I opted to go outside and smoke with askel, Jake, and Steph. And finally when I was super stoned he came outside and told me he was dared to do something I can't even remember, I had just patted his head and redirected him inside. It hurt my heart each time a little more because he was such a huge part of this new life I was building. But it had to be done. 

I lay my head down on my pillow and face mikylee. The whole day had honestly been horrible. Isolating myself from him and everyone he was around.

I pull my hands out of the comforter and tap mikylees shoulder. "Are you still up" I ask the back of her head.

She rolls around to face me, "yes"

I say nothing else to her but, "I think I like Weston" before turning my body and going to bed.