whipped cream

Waking up was rough it was the best sleep I've had since I moved here, their couch must have been magical.

When the sunlight finally annoyed me enough I opened my eyes. Weston was still asleep, I lift his arm from my shoulders and slip out. I hear voices coming from the loft area. I walk quietly up to them.

Kalynn and Aksel sit on the infamous bean bag.

"Hey"

"good morning" Kalynn says.

"good morning" I reply with a small smile.

"sleep good?" Aksel says raising his eyebrows.

"oh uh yeah, I sure do sleep here a lot for only knowing you guys for a week." I try to crack a joke.

Kalynn giggles and nods and I hear approaching footsteps. I look behind me and see a tired Weston dragging his blanket up the stairs, he walks straight to his room with little acknowledgment of us.

"not a morning person?" I ask nobody in particular.

"no, not sure what's up with him." Kalynn tells me.

"where did mikylee go?"

"she left after she woke up"

"damn, hey breakfast is on me if you guys can drop me off back at my place...?" I ask.

"yes im starving" askel says standing up abruptly from the beanbag.

"hey of course you say that you're not the one driving!" Kalynn laughs at aksel. "but yes that sounds good, I'll let Weston know."

I nod and stand there awkwardly in my clothes from yesterday feeling gross. But id choose breakfast over anything right now Im starving. Kalynn stands up and knocks on Westons door before going in and leaving me and askel alone.

Before he can even say something to me kalynn and Weston emerge from his bedroom. Weston is changed with a blue sweater In his hand. He walks up to me.

"Just incase you didnt wanna go out in yesterdays clothes" He says handing me the sweater.

I give him a thank you smile and slip the sweater on.

"So where do you guys want to go?" kalynn speaks up.

"phoebes diner isn't too far from here if you guys are cool with that" I suggest.

"as long as they have good pancakes" Weston adds.

I nod and we all head to the car. No jack in sight but he has seemed to do his own thing these last two days.

Weston gets in the back and I follow suit so kalynn and aksel can sit in the front together. The drive isn't too long and we all get out and go inside.

Kalynn tells the lady working we have 4 people and they walk us to a booth in the back. Kalynn sits on the inside and motions for me to sit with her. I sit next to her and the boys sit down opposite of us.

A beautiful brunette comes up to us, "hey guys my name is Lilli, what can I get started for you today?"

Weston starts first ordering a coffee and then aksel an orange juice. When she gets to me and kalynn she isn't as sweet but I dont really care. I order a coffee and kalynn does as well.

"Alright ill have that out to you guys soon" She says taking a lingering glance at Weston.

"Weston!" Kalynn says with a laugh.

"I know!" he replies.

I look at aksel and the same confused expression Is on his face too.

"is this some weird sibling language because we dont get it" he asks them.

I nod to back up his question and kalynn puts her hands out, " no its not sibling language unless you guys are blind and didn't see her being weird with Weston" she says to us like were dumb.

"oh" I say and askel just nods. But the conversation is quickly forgotten about when she brings out our drinks and we get to order our food. We all get a variation of the same thing. Pancakes.

The waitress of course being very attentive to Weston. Our food comes out and we all dig in. The last thing we all ate was subway yesterday so we are all hungry.

Our waitress comes to check on us, "Can I get you guys anything else?" She asks looking only at Weston.

"yeah can we get some whipped cream please" He asks her and she rushes away to get it for him.

She brings it quickly and he thanks her.

"Why do you need whipped cream?" I ask looking down at my plate.

"To do this" Weston replies and I look up at him. My eyes are met with a face full of whipped cream. He had covered my nose and mouth in the sticky substance.

My mouth gaped open and the table went quiet.

Weston registers my silence as anger and begins to apologize profusely. I hold my hand up for him to stop and lean over the table planting a big kiss on his cheek leaving a big patch of whipped cream there.

"Dont mess with me koury" I say with a smile. He laughs and gives me his napkin to wipe my face off. After we finish eating my face is still sticky.

"Im gonna go to the bathroom to wash off my face brb" I tell the group and get up. I don't make it to the bathroom before our waitress stops me.

"is he your boyfriend?" She asks me.

"Huh?"

"the guy you're with, in the sweater. is he your boyfriend" She repeats.

"no..?" I say and slip past her. weird.

Once in the bathroom I wipe the sticky residue off my face and head back to the table.

"did you guys get the bill yet? " I ask when I sit down and kalynn hands me the little ticket they wrote up.

I stand up, "you guys ready?"

They nod and get up out of the booth. Kalynn leads me to the counter where she was told we can pay. As im signing my name on the debit card receipt Weston runs back to the table.

I turn to kalynn and askel a questioning look on my face.

"Said he forgot something at the table and he would meet us at the car." kalynn tells me. I shrug and we head for the car.

We only wait a minute before Weston gets in out of breath.

"I got it" he says holding up a small scrap of paper.

"score" askel says with a fist pump.

He got her number.